Anger & Forgiveness (Part 1 of 2)

"Robin!" The terrified voice of Megan rang out as the youngest member of the team crumpled to the ground.

"Rob!" As soon as Kid Flash saw his best friend fall to the ground, he rushed over to him. Was Robin seriously injured? Was he going to be okay??? It was just supposed to be a training exercise... This wasn't even supposed to happen... Rob had to be fine...

Wally turned his friend over, so he was facing the ceiling. Walky's face had a worried expression as he noticed the large bruise on Robin's forehead, along with blood coating part of his hair, and the angle his arm was bent. Before accessing his friend further, Wally turned to Conner, anger replacing his expression of worry.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

~*~
Ten minutes earlier...

Most of the league members were out on a mission, but Black Canary told the young justice team to stay at the mountain and train. She seemed hesitant telling them that, most likely not liking the idea of them train with semi-dangerous equipment unsupervised, but she eventually deemed them mature enough to handle it.

As soon as Canary had left after giving her instructions to:
1)Not destroy the mountain and 2)Not get injured in any way shape or form, Kaldur told the team to get ready and go to the training room.

The team wasn't doing anything different than usual for training. Not really. It was like they had done several times before, fight their opponent (another team member) and try their best to win. If they won, they got a point. If they lost, they didn't.

First, Wally went with Artemis. Wally probably would have won, but he kept flirting with Artemis the whole time, causing him to lose focus, so Arty won.

Next, Kaldur went with Miss M. This match took a little longer, but Kaldur ended up winning. Robin had to admit that it was a pretty close match though.

After that, Robin had the misfortune of having Conner as a sparring partner. Only, he didn't yet know that it was a misfortune...

The two opponents faced each other before Kaldur told them to begin. The match started off slow at first, but then Robin quickly gained the upper hand. Superboy may have been stronger, but Robin was quicker, more nimble, more talented. He had acrobatic skill that Conner would never even come close to obtaining. After all, he had practically been doing this stuff since birth.

The team was in awe as they watched Robin fight. Though they knew he was skilled, they had never really taken time to observe his fighting style. It was graceful yet fierce. He was agile yet powerful. Though they all knew he was a very able fighter and hero, they'd always thought of him as just a kid. He was the youngest on the team, and he was small and scrawny enough to look under the age of 13. They wouldn't admit it, but all of them (minus Wally) had been a little nervous to let him fight Conner.

The team continued watching the fight. Conner would try to send a punch at Robin, but Robin would merely flip over Conner's head to avoid it. Or Conner would come charging at him, but Rob would do a handspring out of the way. It seemed that each move he made was different than before. His style wasn't easily predictable. It was very clear that he had been trained by Batman.

It seemed as though Robin would win- but then Supey got angry. Really angry.

~*~

Conner was getting severely annoyed. A 13 year old kid who didn't even have superpowers, was beating him in the sparring match. Heck, Conner had been a little mad when he found out he had to spar with Robin. He felt insulted a little. Did Kaldur not think he was good enough to face a more challenging opponent?

Of course, Robin was anything but weak even though he was just a 13 year old human. But Conner didn't see that.

All he saw was a little kid who was kicking his butt.

As the two of them continued fighting, Conner grew angrier and angrier. Canary had been helping him get past his anger, and even though he'd gotten better at controlling it, his current situation definitely wasn't helping any. He should be able to beat Robin! So why wasn't he??

After Robin quickly and gracefully flipped over Conner, dodging another attack, it got to the point where Conner just lost it. He was pretty sure Robin wasn't even giving his best effort, and that made him even angrier. Why couldn't he beat this scrawny little kid? Why? Robin looked almost lazy as he made his moves, as if this was all a game for him.

Conner growled as he saw a smirk form on Robin's face. He was making fun of him now. Oh, that was IT!

Practically roaring, Conner charged again at Robin, but this time using every bit of strength he possessed - and being half Kryptonian - that was a lot.

~*~

The rest of the team watched, horrified, as they saw Conner charge at Robin, this time, anger vey clearly evident in his expression. Wally was the only one who didn't seem worried by this. But then again, why should he? He'd seen Rob take down bad guys way bigger than Superboy before. He just assumed that he'd dodge out if the way again and be perfectly fine.

But then Wally saw Rob's eyes widen. The 13 year old tried to dodge Conner's fist, but it came faster than even he could react to. So far Conner hadn't even come close to striking Robin, and Wally's initial shock caused him to not rush out and get Robin out of the way.

Wally heard M'gann gasp as Conner's fist connected hard with Rob's arm. There was a sickening crunch, before Conner's fist drifted up to Robin's face. The Boy Wonder flew backwards about 20 feet and hit the wall, before slumping to the ground, unconscious.

Usually, Robin would have been able to take a hit like that and not even be phased. But this was a half Kryptonian who possessed great strength he couldn't always control. This was bad.

At first, everyone was silent. Then, everyone rushed over to Robin. Luckily, his arm had taken most of the impact. If it hadn't...Well let's just say Robin's head would have way more than a large bruise.

Wally quickly checked Robin over, his heart thumping in sorry for his best friend. He was pale- way paler than he should be. A large bruise was already forming on his face, and blood coated part of his hair, some dripping down on his mask. Wally winced. At best, Robin had a minor concussion. At worst...

Wally then glanced to Rob's arm, and his eyes widened. Yeah... His arm was definitely not okay. It was bent at an odd angle, and as if a broken arm wasn't enough, it also seemed as though his shoulder was dislocated. Wally could already see it start to swell.

The rest of the team's faces were pale as well when they saw the state of their unconscious teammate. Superboy was standing in shock, looking at what he had just done.

Suddenly, Wally whipped around and looked straight at Superboy. There was more anger on his face than anyone on the team had ever seen before.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??!!" Wally yelled.

~*~
The Present...

Conner still looked completely shocked. "I didn't.. I..He... That wasn't supposed to happen..."

Wally stomped over and shoved Conner's chest, his expression still furious. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??? Look at Robin!!! You hurt Robin!!! You could have killed him!!!!!"

"I didn't-"

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU MEANT TO OR NOT!!! THE POINT IS YOU DID, AND NOW LOOK AT HIM!!!"

Wally felt a hand on his shoulder that he assumed was Kaldur's. "Maybe we should all calm down-"

Wally quickly turned around, this time facing Kaldur. "And what's wrong with you?! Rob's hurt and you're being calm about this??? Superboy just HURT ROBIN!!!"

"Kid-"

Wally gave up talking. No one would listen to him. He stormed back over to Robin and gently picked his friend up, trying not to jolt his injuries, and sped to where the team assumed was the med bay

A/N: Part 2 is already almost finished, so it should be posted within the next couple of days. Thanks for reading, and please leave a review! Ideas for further chapters are always appreciated! Thanks!