A Sleepy Birdie

A/N: Yay! Finally just a oneshot! Not a two or three shot! Yay! Anyway, this is just a fluffy chapter, so enjoy!

Robin was sitting on the couch of the living room in Mount Justice, leaning back and closing his eyes. It had been a rough past week. Within the last six days, he had only gotten about four hours of sleep, and he was so exhausted. He was used to pulling all nighters sometimes, and even two nighters too. On the rare occasion, maybe even three all nighters in a row. But only four hours of sleep in the past week? Rob definitely couldn't take any more.

Batman had sent him to the mountain for a debriefing, and to Robin's annoyance, seemed to ignore the fact that they were both extremely exhausted. Robin had fallen asleep for a few seconds on patrol the previous night, and Batman hadn't even had the decency to give him the option to go back home. His exact words were, "This drug bust is too important for you to fall asleep on. Stay alert!"

Yep, Robin was sleepy and annoyed. Not s good mix for him. He was sure he was also very irritable by now. He was about to enjoy the small moment of peace and quiet he had, and closed his eyes in ecstasy, when the zeta beams announced Kid Flash. He, being the noisy chatterbox he was, spotted Robin and walked over to him, chattering.

"Hey Rob! How's it goin? You know, I was-"

Robin groaned and opened his eyes, staring annoyedly up at Wally. "Will you just shut up for once? Please?"

Wally stared at Robin with a mixture of surprise and confusion. Robin seemed very tetchy, instead of his usual chipper self. "Um, Rob? Are you okay? Because you-"

Robin sat up straighter and glared at Wally. "Shhh! Hush! Be silent! Please!"

"But why-"

"JUST SHUT UP!" Robin said, raising his voice, then went on to slump down into the couch. Wally raised an eyebrow. Um, okay. Something was definitely up with Rob.

"Okay, okay, yeesh, I'll shut up. No need to yell," Wally grumbled as he took a seat on the couch, before glancing at Robin again. "Hey, Rob? Mind scooting over a little, cause there's not much room..."

Robin pulled one of the couch pillows over his face and mumbled something incoherent.

"What was that?" Wally asked for clarification.

Robin moved the pillow to his chest, hugging it tightly, before sleepily gazing at Wally. He was in civvies, so he was wearing sunglasses instead of his mask. His said sunglasses were just barely hanging off of his nose. "Sorry for yelling. I'm just tired," Dick said, his voice quiet and words slightly slurred.

Wally frowned slightly. "Dude, you look like you've been up for weeks! What happened?"

"Nothin... Bats just kept me busy for the last week..."

Wally's eyes widened. "The last WEEK?? Dude, you need some serious shut eye." Before Robin could reply, Wally zipped away and came back a second later with a bunch of pillows and blankets. "Here, use these." Much to Robin's dismay and protest, Wally lifted him up before spreading some blankets on the couch, and setting down some pillows, before setting Robin back down, and pulling the blankets over his best friend's head. "There," he said, both looking proud of his work and slightly amused. "Better?"

"Gee, thanks," Robin grumbled, though he was secretly thankful for the warm and cozy blankets and pillows.

"No prob dude." Wally sped around the main room of the mountain, shutting as many curtains as he could. "That should be good now. And I'll make sure no one disturbs you for a while."

Robin sighed in relief that he could finally get some adequate sleep, as his head fell to the pillow, and his hand clutched the blankets. He almost drifted off to sleep, before lifting his head up and looking at Wally.

"KF?" he said.

"Yeah?" Wally replied.

"Seriously, thanks." This time, Rob's tone wasn't even a little sarcastic.

Wally smiled. "No prob, Rob." He watched as his best friend's head fell back to the pillow as he drifted off to sleep.