Anger & Forgiveness (Part 2 of 2)

Robin groaned as his eyes fluttered open. He had a massive headache, and he felt slightly nauseous. That was definitely not a pleasant feeling to wake up to. He squinted his eyes as he found himself to be in the medbay at the mountain. Wha- Why was he here? What happened. Robin tried to remember, but his head hurt too much to think straight.

"ROB YOU'RE AWAKE!!!"

Robin glanced over to the source of the voice and saw it to be a blurry looking Kid Flash. "KF?" he said, not liking how weak his voice sounded.

Wally nodded quickly. "Dude, are you okay?? How do you feel?" It was then that Robin noticed the slight hint of anger in his friend's voice.

"Y-yeah."

Wally raised an eyebrow.

"Okay...Well my head hurts a lot and my arm-"

Wally let out a sigh. "Well that makes sense considering that you have a major concussion and a broken arm. Well your concussion isn't as bad now, but-"

"KF? How long was I out? And what happened?"

Wally but his lip before answering. "You've been unconscious for about three days. I thought you wouldn't wake up for another couple of days. Superboy... He hit you hard during a trading exorcise, remember?"

Robin shook his head, then winced as the action made it pound even more. "No... I don't remember. Superboy...Hit me?"

Wally nodded, and Rob took note of how his friend's face has darkened. "Yeah. You should have seen Batman's face when he found out. And Superman-"

"Where is Batman?"

"With the team. I can go get him if you want."

Robin gave a very slight nod, trying to not aggravate his head. Wally quickly sped away, and a minute later, Batman walked through the medbay's door and went over to his bed.

"Robin," he said.

Dick gave a slight smile at seeing his guardian and mentor. "Hey..."

~*~

Conner had been feeling extremely guilty ever since he had injured Robin. Kaldur had lectured him after Wally took Robin away, and as soon as the League found out, Batman and Canary had each lectured him as well. Batman had considered taking Conner off of the team, but Kaldur argued. He was angry at Conner, but understood that he just made a mistake. Batman, however, did not see it that way.

"-Could have killed him-"

"-Almost fractured his skull-"

"-Lucky he'll make a full recovery-"

"-Should be taken off the team. Safer for everyone-"

"-Needs to be controlled-"

So many things were being said, and after Superboy saw the expression in Superman's face, he just went to his room to brood in peace. All he wanted to do was get on Superman's good side, and no doubt that this incident just made things even worse for him. Everyone knew that Superman and Robin were semi-close.

Conner felt bad, he really did. He shouldn't have gotten so angry... He shouldn't have lashed out on Robin...

Conner just wished that he could reverse time so that this never happened... Now no one would want him on the team and everyone would be angry at him forever...

~*~

It was happening. They really were going to take him off of the team. He'd made one little... Okay, not so little mistake, and now he was about to be taken off the team for good. Where would he go? Where would he stay? Conner sighed. Looked like he'd have to become a hobo.

Across the room, Wally was glaring daggers at him. Conner couldn't help but feel like he deserved it.

"Superboy-"

Conner turned around and noticed Kaldur was talking to him.

"What?" Conner replied shortly.

"I know many are angry at you for injuring Robin... I know you are angry at yourself... Perhaps you should apologize to him."

"Why? What does it matter if I'm off the team?"

"You don't know for sure that you are-"

Conner glared at Kaldur. "Oh really? I can hear the league talking about it now! There's no point in apologizing to someone I'll probably never see again."

"It is the right thing to do. And perhaps it will make you feel better."

"...Fine..."

~*~

Conner nervously walked to the med bay, and just stood outside of the door for a few minutes, trying to decide if he should do this or not. Robin probably hated him for what he had done, and Conner couldn't blame him for it either...He really messed up this time... But after a little while, Conner sighed and opened the door. Kaldur was right. It was the right thing to do, and they were heroes after all. Everything they did was supposed to be right.

He opened the door and saw Robin, who was sitting up in bed, looking bored. As soon as Conner walked in, Robin turned to him and a wide grin came to his face. "Supey! I was wondering when you'd come and pay me a visit!" his tone was light and cheerful, and it was most definitely NOT the reaction Conner was expecting to get.

The shock was once again, evident on Conner's face. "You-You're not angry?"

Robin raised an eyebrow. "Why would I be?"

Conner looked at him like he was crazy. "Because of me you got seriously injured. Why wouldn't you be mad?"

Robin shrugged, then winced as he had forgotten about his injured shoulder. "It was an accident. I'll be fine. No permanent harm done."

Conner blinked. "You...You really mean that?"

Robin grinned. "Of course I do! Come'n, you think I'd hate you for one tiny mistake?"

"I...I hate myself for it. And I'm pretty sure Wally does too. Not to mention the league..."

Robin waved his hand. "Oh, don't worry about them. Once they see I've made a full recovery, they'll all just brush it off. And if they don't, well I'll have a few words with them... As for you..." Robin's eyes looked directly into Conner's. "You shouldn't hate yourself. It was a mistake. Mistakes happen. I've made plenty on missions before, some even causing Batman to get injured. The important thing is that we learn from our mistakes. This experience will just help you remember to keep your temper in check later on."

Conner glanced down at his feet, then back up at Robin. "I-You're right..." he gave a rare, but slight smile. "Thanks Robin."

Rob smiled back. "Hey, no problem Supey."

Superboy turned around to leave, then stopped at the doorway before turning back around to Robin. "But...Just for the record...I...I'm sorry..."

And then he left, leaving a shocked Robin behind. Robin wasn't sure that he'd ever heard Conner apologize before. He smiled. He liked who Conner was becoming.