Chapter 1

Nicole's POV

I stretched my arms above my head as my alarm went off, I waited and counted to five in my head and smiled when I heard my cat, Ali, jump onto my table beside my bed and paw at the alarm until it shut off, I blindly grabbed her due to my head bein' under the blanket still, and pulled her close to me and snuggled her as she purred, which made me smile more. Hey what can I say, I love animals.

At around 10 am I got out of bed and walked over to my closet to pick out something to wear, I chose a black Van Halen tee and my light blue skinny jeans, along with my jean jacket and white Nike high tops.
I changed out of my night clothes, which consisted of shorts and a tank top, and threw on my selected fresh clothes, I then ran out my bedroom door and up the stairs and into the main level of my house, it was eerily silent as usual, I sighed.
I missed my family, but they were in a supposed better place, and it's all my fault. No one knows aside from myself though, and I've made sure to keep it that way because anyone who really knew the truth about my parents would try to lock me up or kill me for sure, even though it was a situation I was forced into.

I opened my front door, locking it behind me, and started my walk to the record store, I was looking for a certain album.

When I got there I almost instantly noticed an attractive boy who looked around my age with long blond hair, he too had mostly denim on and white Nike's, he even had the band tee, only his was an Iron Maiden shirt, come to think of it, I had the same one.

But just as I was entering the store, he left, which made me a bit disappointed if I'm being honest. I shrugged and walked into the store and walked around, I eventually found the record I had my eye on, Motorhead's Ace Of Spades record. I grinned and walked to the cashier and payed for it.

As I was leaving the store I ran into another teenager again around my age, only he had long brown hair, not as long as blondies, but pretty close. He was dressed similarly to the blonde guy, just he was wearing a Sabbath shirt. Sweet.

He glanced down at the record in my hand and let out a breathy laugh while shaking his head.

"Is that for yer boyfriend?" he asked me, I burst out laughing and by the end of my fit, had tears in my eyes.

"Sorry man, I don't have a boyfriend, and I actually bought this for myself, like all the other records at my house," I explained to him. His eyes widened and he looked shocked.

"Wait, so youre a girl, but you listen to bands like Motorhead? And I, assume Van Halen?" He questioned, a skeptical look in his eyes as if he had just seen Lucifer and had trouble believing it.

"Of course I do, Classic Rock and Metal are my life," I said and he nodded, looking very happy now.

"Don't you get judged for that?" he questioned, I nodded but shrugged.

"I stopped caring about what other people think a long time ago, since that point I have dressed like this and well, as for the music thing, I started listening to it from the moment I could walk and reach the records," I said, chuckling a bit towards the end. He laughed and smiled.

"I'm Lars, you should come over to my place and meet my roommates, I have a feeling they would like you," he suggested and I smiled,

"I'm Nicole, nice to meet you Lars, and sure, that would be great," I said and we started walking towards his house.

When we got there I smelled weed instantly and chuckled, Lars politely led me inside and I quickly saw three other boys dressed identical to Lars and I and Oh my god! The blonde dude from the record store was sitting there! Yes!

"Nicole, this is James, Cliff, and Kirk" Lars said, I waved to them awkwardly. James was the blonde one from the store, Cliff had long brown hair as did Kirk, but Kirks was curly, Cliffs was straight.

James immediately recognized me and smiled, "Hey, your the chick I saw at the record store, nice music taste by the way," He said and I smiled,

"She's awesome guys! She likes practically everything we like and! She has the same attitude as us, more so James but that's besides the point," Lars said and began to go on and on about how supposedly awesome I was. It sucks that eventually these guys are going to find out the truth about me and leave or try to throw me in prison. I decided to just relax for now and enjoy my first friends in about 11 years.

"So, where do you live?" Cliff randomly asked, I shrugged,

"Just down the street from here actually," I said and got up and walked to the window and gestured for the boys to follow me, which they did, when we arrived at the window I pointed to my house and they nodded and Lars got excited, "Oh my god we can have sleepovers!" He shouted and I looked at the boys, whom of which were laughing, "Sure thing Lars," I said while smiling.

Eventually we decided to settle down and watch a movie, Kirk walked into the kitchen and brought out four beers, ah so they assumed I don't drink. Funny boys, very, very funny boys. I sat down next to James and right after he opened his beer and took a drink, I reached over, grabbed it, and took a large drink from it. Clearly shocking the boys.

I handed it back to James and he put his arm around my shoulders, I didn't mind honestly.

I turned to the boys, "What? Never met a girl who likes to drink before?" I asked them and they all shook their heads, "No, actually, we haven't," Kirk said, I chuckled, "You have now," I said before stealing some of James' beer again, he chuckled and pulled me closer to him. I smiled at the boys, perhaps this wouldn't be all that bad after all.