Chapter 9

Well, I shouldn't have said life was perfect, because soon enough it wasn't perfect anymore. Which shouldn't have been a surprise for me, life has never stayed good for me for very long in my past, so why did I let myself believe that things could change?

Because when we got home guess who decided it would be wise to drink? My lovely boyfriend that's who, he randomly punched Kirk while saying something about me belonging to James and not Kirk and then he had tears in his eyes. Kirk was drunk too did I mention that?
I have no idea what to do in this situation, Cliff must've noticed because he pulled me aside and started explaining what was happening, to me.

"I think James believes that your in love with Kirk, I'm assuming he thinks your going to leave him for Kirk. Which I know you'd never do, Lars knows it too. Now I'm going to go talk to Kirk, and you are going to take James upstairs and make sure he's okay. Once they're both taken care of, you and I will throw out the beer in this house" he said and I smiled

"All of it?" I asked

"All of it." He replied, I smiled and was going to hug him but decided against it considering the state James was in right now.

I let Cliff take away Kirk first before I walked over to James, he looked about ready to fall over so I put one of his arms over my shoulder and I helped him up the stairs and once we safely made it to his room I sat him down on the bed and helped him take his jacket off, since he was in sweatpants he left those on and took off his shirt, then he laid down.

I took my jacket off and climbed on the bed next to him and grabbed his hand, and spoke softly "James, I love you. And I need you to know that and always remember that. I would never leave you fro anyone in the world. Especially not one of your best friends. Okay?" I asked him and he almost started crying again so I pulled him up and he readjusted himself so he was laying on my chest with his arms wrapped around me.

"I'm sorry for acting that way I just. I see the way he looks at you Nicole, he wants you. And he's so much better than me I mean why wouldn't you go for him." He sobbed out and I soothingly ran my fingers through his hair as a form of comfort.

"Why wouldn't I go for Kirk? You know your right, why wouldn't I leave you for Kirk? I mean. It's not like your the only one who understands every words that leaves my mouth, it's not like your the man I love or anything. It's not like I loved everything about you from the moment I saw you. It's not like I'd die without you or anything." I said and he just tightened his hold on me.

"I know that was sarcastic but I'm serious." He said and I felt a small smile form on my lips

"James Alan Hetfield.  I fucking love you. Okay? I have since the day I saw you at that record store. I felt my heart thump louder just at the sight of you. But when I got to know you? My feelings just intensified. And I will never, ever leave you" I said and pulled him up closer to me and pressed a kiss to his soft lips.

"Thankyou. I love you Nicole, I'll never leave you either. I don't think I'd survive on my own if I did that" he said which made us both chuckle.

"Well, that depends I mean, what exactly can you cook other than grilled cheese?" I asked him, trying to cheer him up

"Uh nothing, but hey neither can you, in fact when I was at your house I noticed you were using your oven to just burn random things, and that is why we have Cliff, he cooks" James said as a joke and I laughed, before getting an idea that I knew would cheer James up. 

"I think you and the boys starting a band is a really great idea James, and I know you guys have the potential to be something incredible." I said sincerely, and he looked up at me with hope in his beautiful blue eyes

"You really mean that?" he said-in that moment I could see just how vulnerable he really was-and I nodded, 

"Every word, I'll help to the best of my capabilities as well, if you want" I said and he jumped up and sat like a child, grinning from ear to ear. Which made me smile as well. 

"I'll go talk to the boys, I'll be back babe" He said and pressed a kiss to my forehead, making me smile and lean back in his bed, before I shot up, remembering my cat, Ali!

I ran out of the house and down the street into mine, bursting through the door, and running up the stairs into my old room, only to find that Ali had knocked over the cat food bag and was eating it up..well at least she knew how to take care of herself. 

I just grabbed her and the cat food and walked back over to James house, the boys all waiting by the door for me I'd assume; the relief that flooded their faces when I walked through the door confirming my previous thought. 

"What? I forgot Ali" I said, nodding my head towards the black cat in my arms, they all nodded and went back to discussing the band, so I sat down as well, holding Ali in my arms. 

"What about the first album? Like the first real one, not your cover album" I said and they nodded

"We have some songs and were thinking calling it Kill 'Em All, what do you think?" Cliff said and I smiled, 

"I love it, oh I just know you guys are gunna take over the world someday" I said which brought bright smiles to their faces

"Ya really think so?" Lars said, sitting like a child next to James, who just smiled at me. 

I nodded, "Of course" I said with a smile