Chapter 3

James POV

I ran out of the house and ran to Nicole's. I had to make sure she was okay. I didn't miss when she pulled down her sleeves. That got me worried. I didn't mean to shout at Kirk but it just came out. Why am I so defensive over a girl I just met? Either way, I didn't like the way he was speaking to her.

I finally approached her door and knocked three times. I heard shuffling before she opened it a little bit and sighed in what I think was relief once she noticed who I was.

She grabbed my arm and yanked me inside. She looked into my eyes and all I saw was sadness and she just looked dead inside. I immediately pulled her into a hug. She started sobbing and I rubbed her back. I hope she will be okay otherwise I don't know what I will do.

Nicole's POV

I was staring blankly at the stairs opposite of the door that I still was sitting against.

I heard a knock on the door, got up and opened it cautiously and sighed in relief when I noticed it was just James. I yanked him inside by his arm. I looked into his eyes and he immediately pulled me into a hug. I started sobbing right away and then he was rubbing my back.

"I-I'm so sorry J-James!" I sobbed out before continuing, "I'm so sorry that I'm a fuck up. I don't want to fuck yer life up too," I said to him. He pulled me away and held me at arms length and looked dead into my eyes.
"Listen to me, and listen clearly. Nicole fucking Faith. You may not be perfect. But yer gorgeous, inside and out, your personality is amazing and quite frankly I don't give a shit who disagrees. Your staying in my life whether you like it or not. Because I need you. And you know what? All your imperfections Make you perfect," He said and I felt hot tears run down my cheeks. He was quick to wipe them away.

I smiled at him.

"Thank You," I said and then froze. I slowly leaned up but he was quicker and pressed his soft lips to mine. It all felt right. I don't know how I knew, but I knew James was the one. I know it might seem like it's too soon and maybe it was but however I knew this was how I wanted to feel for the rest of my life. Then I got sad. Because I knew it all had to end soon.

He noticed too and pulled away.

"Hey? Hey hey what's wrong?" He asked me, I sighed and pulled him to the couch in my living room.
"Okay, well. I'm sure you have questions but I can't answer them all yet because I don't want this to end yet. So basically. Eleven years ago, I was forced into a situation that resulted in me making the biggest mistake of my life. I regretted it, I still do honestly. That's why I was upset earlier, I'm fine with Kirk but when he mentioned family I freaked out because I don't have any. Not anymore anyways. Which again is my fault. Please. Don't leave," I said and prayed he would stay.

"What...what did you do?" He asked me while he was silently shaking.

"I. I killed them. My parents, my older brother, his twin sister...my aunts uncles. Everybody!" I sobbed out. Surprisingly he didn't leave. He pulled me onto his lap and hugged me to his chest tightly.

"Why?" He asked me, I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"I had a gun pressed to my temple," I said in a quiet whisper. He let out a breathy sob.

"I am so sorry you had to go through this and I won't tell anyone unless you want me to," he said to me. I almost smiled. I just hugged him tightly.

"I lost my parents too, my dad left and my mom passed away. I don't know where my siblings went. I had two brothers, Christopher and David. And one sister, Deanna. But like I said. I don't even know where they are right now," James said and I hugged him tighter and apologized to him.

"Yer so strong and incredible. How is it that you've been through more and worse than I have yet your apologizing to me? God yer amazing. I lo-" James trailed off and instead of finishing his sentence, he stood up from the couch, taking me with him and walking up the stairs with me in his arms.

He somehow found my room and laid me down on the bed and lifted the covers over me, he shut off the lights so just my Christmas slash Halloween lights were left on in the corners of my room, he was about to leave but I stretched my arm out, reaching for him, "Wait," I said and he turned to me. "Yea?" He asked, I could see a small smile forming on his cute face. He ran a hand through his blonde hair as he took his jacket off. Remaining in his jeans and shirt.

"Lay with me please. I'm tired of being alone everyday and night," I requested. He chuckled and nodded, before walking over and climbing into the bed with me, so once he was fully under the covers I turned over and snuggled into his chest. Once I heard his breathing and heartbeat steady, I slowly fell asleep, smiling for once.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all?

*

I woke up to James screaming, I immediately sat up and turned to him but he was still asleep.

"James? James!" I said and started shaking him. Soon enough he woke up, after my anxiety was through the roof.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked him, now I only called him baby in hopes he would calm down.

He yanked me into his arms and I yelped but soon relaxed.  "I. I had a nightmare that y-you k-killed yours-self!" He cried out as he was sobbing into my hair.

"Oh James I'm so sorry but look, I'm here! Okay I'm fine and I'm alive I'm never going to leave you!" I said as I caressed his cheek slowly. I could tell he was slowly calming down,  after about an hour he laid back down and curled up with me under the covers, I sat up a bit and took my flannel that I had under my jacket off, I knew it was a risk but I didn't care. I didn't care if James knew. He had a right to know anyways.

I relaxed in his arms and at 4:46 in the morning, I let darkness consume me...