Confessions and Investigations

"Marinette!" Alya called, spotting her best friend as she walked into class. Shockingly, Marinette had gotten to school early, even beating Alya to class. "Alright you've got to tell me everything!

"Good morning to you too," Mari giggled. "Oh Alya it was amazing, better than I'd ever dreamt of! You were right, he took me to this super fancy restaurant, and after he took me for a walk through the park and we dance... oh oh and he dipped me and our faces were only inches apart, it was magical. Oh and I almost forgot! I kissed him on the cheek and he said he wanted to do something like that again soon," Marinette's eyes were wide with excitement and joy.

"No way, that's amazing Mari! I'm happy for you two, plus it's about time Blondie made a move rather than staring at you like a creep," Alya chuckled just as the boys entered the nearly empty classroom.

"Morning Al, Marinette!" Nino greeted, taking his usual seat, turning to face the girls.

"Good morning," Adrien followed, quieter as the faintest hints of a blush crept onto his cheeks.

"How was the rest of you day?" Nino questioned nonchalantly. At just the mention of it, the two lovebirds appeared to be dazed.

"It was-" Marinette began.

"Spectacular," Adrien finishes, smiling up at Marinette.

"Am I missing something?" Nino leaned in, whispering to his girlfriend.

"These two went on a date last night," Alya smirked, watching Nino's reaction.

"Hold up, seriously?! That's awesome dude, it's about time!" He lightly punched Adrien's shoulder, laughing. The remainder of the class began to file in, right before the bell rang out in the halls. Mme. Bustier entered shortly after, everyone turning to give her their full attention.

As she was taking attendance, Marinette heard a hushed psst, looking down to see Adrien, quite sneakily, passing a note towards her. She smiled, taking it to unfold the message.

'You look beautiful today.' The note read, easily causing the blood to rush to her cheeks and a lovesick smile stuck on her lips.

"Is there something you'd like to share with us?" The teacher asked, seeming quite unimpressed as she stared down at the pair, the whole class' eyes on them

"It was all Marinette, Miss-I saw her distract my poor Adrikins!" Chloe chimed in, her face scrunched up disgustedly.

"Hold up-" Alya began, rising from her seat to refute.

"Actually, I gave Mari the note, I'm sorry for disrupting the class," Adrien spoke confidently, sending the class (especially Chloe) into silence.

"Very well then Adrien, just be sure not to do it again," she cleared her throat, returning to teach the work on the bored. Marinette was sure to check that no one was watching before she leaned down, quickly and quietly whispering a 'thank you' in the boys ear, sending shivers down his spine.