Movies

Adrien was one of the most popular boys in school, by far outshining any of the butt-headed boys in higher grades. But it wasn't because of his most recent starring role in a hair product advert; no, it was because he was able to snag the one and only Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Adrienette was trending, they were the newest power couple, the cutest high school sweethearts. They were king and queen of the dramatised, over emotional school yard. Strangely, even Chloe had come to accept Adrien and Marinette's new relationship status (astounding, I know), and had moved back to her old ways of terrorising classmates on a smaller scale now with the Queen Bee title.

By now, Mari's awkward stutter had almost vanished, showing itself every now and then when Adrien would spring some sweet, fluffy nonsense on her. They spoke causally now, or at least in public. When no one was looking, the pair would steal away moments together-lacing fingers through one another, playing with each other's hair and the occasional cheeky comment. For once, life was good with a minimal number of Akuma attacks, and only escalating with Friday upcoming; Adrien and Marinette's second date, organised by the one and only Mari.

Ignoring Alya's constant nagging and desperate input suggestions, Marinette had everything organised for her kind of date: a classical night out at the movies. All that was left to do was get through the day and get ready.

"Mari," Adrien cooed, leaning in close enough to spot the tiny freckles spotting the bridge of her nose.

"Hm, what were you saying?" She cleared her throat, looking around the empty class to make sure no one spotted their closeness. They had made a habit of arriving to classes earlier for some personal time, away from the stupid cameras and prying eyes. Everyone seemed to have an opinion on Mari and Adrien's relationship, so it was best to keep the pda to a minimal; plus this was nearly the only time the pair could spend quality alone time outside Adrien's hectic schedule.

"You were daydreaming again, weren't you?" He squinted his eyes, his smitten smile blooming into a grin as he jabbed a finger lightly into Marinette's side, make her jump.

"N-no, I was not!" She protested, grabbing a firm hold of the finger, only to be assaulted by the other hand.

"Oh yes, so I suppose you were just ignoring me then?" Adrien leaned closer, his face so close now he could make out the gray flecks scattered through his girlfriend's vibrant eyes. Marinette sighed in defeat, knowing he had cornered her, and only waited for the boy the go on, which of course he did.

"Anyway, I was saying that I had some great news. My father has been wanting to meet with you, and so he has allowed me to invite you over for the night!" Adrien beamed, a smile that could melt steel lighting up the room. Marinette's heart fluttered in her chest-not only was she going to stay at Adrien Love of her Life Agreste's house, but her designer idol was wanting to meet with her. Was she still in that daydream?

"So I'll be staying with you tonight, sleeping in y-your room?" Marinette sputtered out, her heart rate reaching dangerous speeds and cheeks flaring with colour.

"I wish," Adrien chortled, "But Father has a bad perception on teenagers and new relationships, and ordered that we sleep separately." Marinette's face grew an impossibly brighter shade of red, catching Adrien's attention and causing him to backtrack on his words. "Oh, n-not that I had anything like that in mind, you know I was j-just ah, well you know I was just planning to-" he gulped hard, his face brightening to match Marinette's. both were saved by the bell, merely avoiding death via embarrassment. While the incident had turned the couple into living, breathing beetroots, it didn't stop them from sitting impossibly close to each other as their classmates filed in.

"Geez, what did you guys get up to to make you so red?" Alya teases, sitting behind the lair with Nino close in tow.

"Alya!" Mari shrieked under her breath, shooting a friendly glare at the reporter.