Chapter Five

It's been almost a moon since Wolfpaw had dreamt about the mysterious cat. During  training, she would often hear a small voice tell her something, but when she looked around, it was only her mentor. Skyclaw glances at Wolfpaw. "Are you feeling alright? You've been muttering to yourself all morning." He murmurs. 

"Yes, yes just fine." Wolfpaw nods. "I think I just need a good rest." She stretches her legs. 

"It is getting late, go ahead and eat and sleep. Tomorrow we're gathering moss for the elders." Skyclaw starts to head back to camp. Wolfpaw treads behind him. She feels a pelt brush against her, but when she turned her head, nothing was there. She narrows her eyes and shakes her head. Once she returned to camp, she grabbed a lizard from the Fresh Kill Pile, and sat down on the dusty ground. Willowpaw pads beside her and lets out a small purr. 

"How was training today?" He asks her, his eyes filled with interest. Wolfpaw shrugs and nibbles on her lizard.

 "Decent. Tomorrow i'm going to gather clean bedding for the elders." Willowpaw wrinkles his nose. 

"Yuck! I'm sorry." He murmurs. Wolfpaw shakes her head. 

"Better then what happened today." She takes another bite of lizard.

 "Why's that?" Willowpaw tilts his head.

 "I kept on hearing a voice, and..." She shakes her head. "You probably think i'm crazy." Wolfpaw sighs and nudges the half-eaten lizard away. Willowpaw shakes his head. 

"Of course not! You'd never seem crazy to me, no matter what." He purrs. "Everyone has a reason for everything." He goes on. "So, what else happened?" Wolfpaw's fur was fluffed up. She licks her fluffy pale gray chest and takes a deep breath. 

"About a moon ago, I had a dream about... I think it was a battle." Wolfpaw thinks. "Then I fell into darkness and saw a shady looking cat. They told me something along the lines of helping me do something, I don't recall.." She shuffles her paws on the ground and looks down. Willowpaw's tail rested on Wolfpaw's back. 

"Whatever the reason, i'll be right here to talk to." He murmurs. Wolfpaw nods and stands up. "I'm going to get some rest, goodnight Willowpaw." Wolfpaw murmurs and treads into the Apprentice Den. Willowpaw sighs longingly as she goes, and walks off. Once she was curled up in her nest, she fell into a deep sleep.

    Once awake, she was in a dark red forest. A river nearby looked like it flowed with blood. Wolfpaw somehow didn't feel intimidated by the area. A shadow approaches her. It's face came into view. Wolfpaw narrows her eyes. "Your the one who has been making me look like a fool! What do you mean by helping me?" Wolfpaw snarls.

 "Calm down young one." His voice was as smooth as a dove's wing. "My name is Flame That Burns Trees, or Burning Flame for short." He explains. He had a tortoiseshell pelt, with soft, but intimidating eyes. Wolfpaw nods quickly. "Now, the things I've been telling you will make you stronger, and I'd suggest you'd actually listen." He scoffs. "Unless you don't want the others to treat you right? You know.. the others never noticed your eye expect for the Medicine Cat and Willowpaw." He flexes his claws. Wolfpaw's gaze darkens. 

"Yeah..." she mutters. "They thought Spikytooth was right about everything!" She hisses.

 "Well, I'll tell ya what." Burning Flame starts. "Let me do my work, and  I'll make sure they'll all pay for the damage they've done." He finishes. Wolfpaw takes a deep breath and nods.

 "Alright, deal." She turns away, to find the area fading away.

"You won't regret this."

(In case Y'all are wondering what he looks like, I drew a quick reference for him!   ((I also tried drawing realistically and failing miserably haha))