Chapter 4

You snuggled close as he pulled the truck down a narrow lane.  This really was an out of the way place.  As the truck emerged from a grove of trees you could see a large clearing ahead.  Jin put both hands on the wheel to swing the truck around and park in the field.  You immediately missed the warmth of his hand on your thigh and calculated how to get him to return it. 

He put the truck into park and turned toward you.  His long arms reached toward you and his body pressed you back in the seat as he leaned forward. You reached to put your hands in his hair but he suddenly straightened.  He held a blindfold in his hand and held it to you.

“I need to put this on you" He said.

Your first thought was to crack a joke about axe murder, but this was not Jokester Jin.  You looked into his beautiful face and saw the real question – do you trust me?

You nodded once and his arms went around you to fasten the blindfold. He pressed a quick kiss to your check and assured you it was just for a moment.

You sat in complete darkness and all
your senses heightened. You knew Jin was still close, you could smell him- lavender soap and his private label cologne.  You could hear his uneven breathing and the leaves rustling as he took a step away.  Goosebumps raised across your body as you waited in anticipation as to what he would do next. The need for him to touch you was palpable. He was still so close, you could still feel his body heat.  Mental note: keep the blindfold

Jin took one step away from you and studied you to see if you were truly ok with the blindfold.  He watched as you sat there, hands in your lap, teeth tugging on your bottom lip, head turning to catch any sound or movement. He saw the goosebumps on your skin and watched as your breath hitched, then sped up in anticipation.  He knew you sat there, trusting him, waiting for him to guide you, willing to do what he told you to do.  Mental note: keep the blindfold.

Jin straightened and  assured you he would be right back, that he just needed to ready your surprise.  For the next several minutes you held back laughter as you heard curses, some muffled some shouted.  There was a great deal of shuffling from the bed of the truck and several sounds you could not begin to guess.

After a few minutes of relative quiet you heard him approaching. The mood immediately changed as you felt him close to you. He bent his head to yours and whispered softly, “Are you ready?” and pressed forward to kiss you. Before you could reach to draw him to you he had taken your hands and was helping you out of the truck.

He guided you forward, his hands on your shoulders, leading you to a level spot in the field.  His hand brushed into your hair as he gently removed the blindfold.

You stood on the edge of a freshly mown field.  The scent of clipped grass and earth was heady. But the thing that took your breath away was the magnificent sky view.  There was no artificial light here. The full moon hung low, illuminating the field.  What seemed to be endless constellations twinkled in the night sky.

“Is this your surprise?” you whispered.

“Part of it" he said as he wrapped his arms around your shoulders and pulled you back to rest against his chest.

The two of you stood in complete silence gazing at the night sky.  Both of you were in awe of the view. You can't recall if you formed  a single thought during that time. Time seemed to stand still until Jin moved and you became acutely aware of the man holding you. Your body responded his warmth at your back, the way his arms were holding you. You felt his chin resting against the top of your head. You turned away from the view to bury your face in his chest. 

“Are you cold?” he asked, wrapping his flannel shirt around you as he pulled you tighter to his chest.

“ Not anymore” was the response.

Jin began to slowly sway with you in his arms. He began to hum a wordless tune.

“Oh no oh no" Jin began to run around frantically, “Wait, wait! Right there, please don’t turn around"

The truck door slammed and Jin reappeared “I forgot the music" . 

A few clicks and soulful, sexy R & B filled the night sky. Jin wrapped his arms around you and pulled you tight. You felt the slow bass beat to your very core.  As the song ended Jin gave you a spin and turned you around to face the truck.  How did you not notice this before? 

The tonneau cover had been rolled back to reveal the truck bed  fitted with a thick mattress.  It was covered in colorful sheets and throws.  There was a stack of quilts folded neatly near the tailgate.  The entire front third of the bed was covered in large throw pillows. Jin had placed several large candles in lanterns around the bed of the truck giving it all a soft glow.  Toward the cab was a picnic basket and a small cooler.

You opened and closed your mouth several times, but you truly were speechless

You opened and closed your mouth several times, but you truly were speechless.  You turned to look at Jin and he was standing close, searching your face for your reaction.  A single tear escaped as you reached your hand to cup his face. 

“Jin, it really is perfect" you whispered.

He looked down at you for a second, His fingers caressing your face, his thumb wiping away the tear. Then he pulled you to him and bent his head to kiss you.

This was unlike the other kisses you had shared.  There was no gentleness in his mouth as he met your lips. He nipped and pulled at your lower lip.  He pressed until your mouth opened and he swirled his tongue inside, touching and teasing you.  His mouth was making silent promises to your body about the things to come. His large hands slid down to cup your ass, pulling you tight against him.  His hardening length was pressing into your stomach.  You felt him twitch with desire as his kisses deepened.  You wanted more of him, standing on tiptoe to reach him better.

He continued to dance with you until you were backed into something solid.
You were standing at the tailgate of the truck.

He dragged his lips from yours and tried to draw a deep breath. It took several attempts for him to get his breathing in some semblance of control. When he spoke his voice was deeper and you could tell he was battling himself to regain control.

“ I want you, here and now. If you do not want to continue tonight I respect that. Do you want me to stop?”

With no hesitation your response was “ Please don’t stop. Please" and the rest was crushed by another fierce kiss.

To this day you swear you heard him growl when he picked you up and placed you firmly on the edge of the tailgate.