Chapter 12

It took several minutes for Jin to stop shaking and for his breathing to return to normal.  As you waited, you both lay on your side, curled toward each other.

Not many words were spoken but the time was filled with touches and smiles and blushes and giggles. You ran you fingers through his hair to try to bring it to some semblance of order.

“Who cares" he laughed, catching your hand and kissing the inside of your wrist.

You noticed him shiver as a gust of wind blew.  He reached for his tee shirt and you reached to bring up his sweats. 

You propped up on the pillows, gathering quilts to you as Jin finished getting dressed. He turned and plopped down between your legs.

“Can I have the best seat in the house" he asked.

“Sure" you laughed.

He settled in against you, reclining so that his broad back was cushioned by your chest, his elbows on your knees.  He dropped his head back to rest on your shoulder. 

You wrapped one arm over his shoulder, resting your hand lightly on his chest.  You snaked the other hand around his waist. He reached for you, intertwining his finger with yours.  You pulled the blankets over the both of you and held him tight.

You listened as Jin's playlist began to repeat. You really had lost track of time. You thought this place seemed enchanted. Then you laughed at yourself for being so foolish.  You leaned down to ask Jin what he thought.  His eyes were closed.  You looked at his long, dark lashes and thought again how unfair it was for a man to be this beautiful.  His lips were slightly parted.  He breathing was deep and even.  He looked peaceful – and satisfied.  You snuggled in closer to him and soon drifted off as well.

You were awakened some time later by a loud grumbling noise.  You look down at Jin to see that he was struggling awake as well.

Sleepy eyes smiled into yours as he said “I'm hungry".

“So I heard “you laughed. 

You both stretched and changed positions, stealing a few kisses along the way.

A sudden flash drew both your gazes to the sky.  Lightening raced across the night, illuminating the barren field.  In the distance thunder rumbled. 

You sat wrapped around each other  mesmerized by nature’s light show.  One particularly loud clap of thunder made you both jump, then laugh at each other and then fall into a deep kiss.

As the kiss deepened you felt a big fat drop of rain on your face.  Jin drew back in surprise and wiped it away. That first drop was quickly followed by another and another.

“Go ahead and get in the truck.  I'll pack up.” He lifted you down off the bed of the truck, holding your body to his all the way down.  He stood kissing you in the rain until another loud clap of thunder jolted you both into action. 

You grabbed all your clothes and both pair of shoes and jumped into the cab of the truck.  You started the truck and waited for the heater's warmth.

Jin hurriedly shut the tailgate and snapped the tonneau cover back down.  He was wet when he got in the truck and he welcomed the warmth in the cab. As soon as he closed the door the rain begin in earnest.

While Jin was finishing packing the truck you had changed back into your clothes and pulled your boots back on. You handed his flannel shirt to him “ take your wet shirt off and put this one on" you offered.

“Hey! How many times are you going to take this shirt off me tonight?" he joked.

You both laughed, but he was reluctant to take the flannel back.  Your hands touched as he reached for it.

“I really wanted you to keep it.  I imagined all sorts of ways I would see you in it" he said.

You blushed. “It might be silly, but I almost feel like Cinderella.  If I give it back the night will truly be over and I’ll realize this was all a dream” you confessed.

He leaned closer, taking your face in his hands.

“It's not silly at all. I was feeling the same way. I don't want it to end. But..” he covered your mouth with his, hard and deep and fast, vanishing all thoughts from your head “ this night is real and I have a feeling neither of us will ever forget it.”

You kissed until the rain slowed and his shirt had dried in the heat of the heater.

“Problem solved" he smiled. "We had better go before the field gets too muddy"

You nodded in agreement and slid over to  “ your” seat, snuggled next to Jin with your hand on his thigh and your head on his shoulder.

He brushed a kiss to your forehead before putting the truck in gear.

“Next time we'll spend the night, sleep out under the stars” he reasoned.

You looked up at his profile. The words “Next time" held so much promise, so much potential.

“Next time"  you whispered in his ear “Perfect" .
.