That Fateful Day

Later in the evening I was whisked away, Yami pulling me to an empty corridor. I looked up at him and couldn't help but smile, "Yes, my Emperor?" I teased.

Yami gently pushed me against the wall kissing me deeply. One of his hands trailed down my waist and rested on my hip. His other hand he used to pull my chin up to him. When he pulled away my cheeks heated up.

"Tomorrow I will meet you in the courtyard half past eleven. I am going to prepare you a traditional meal that all men in my family make for their bride." He pulled my hips against him with an intense longing as he talked.

"Why can't I see you sooner? I don't know how long I'll be able to last once you leave me tonight?" I replied coyly.

Yami bit his lower lip if trying to stop himself, "There are some ingredients I still have to get." He let go of my waist and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight my bride I will see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight my Emperor, I will be longing for you while you are gone." Grinning, I slowly turned and headed toward my room walking slow so Yami could watch.

Yami smiled to himself and headed to the throne room, where he removed his crown for safe keepings until tomorrow's ceremonies. After that Yami headed home without another word.

Once in my room I decided to draw myself a bath. I had the maids help get me out of my dress before I entered the bath house.

Once in the bath house I removed the rest of my clothes and dipped my body into the warm water. Lavender filled my nose as bath attendants filled the pool with the flower and mint leaves. I let my body relax as the flowers swirled around me. With my eyes closed I began to drift off feeling the overwhelming mana that was omnipresent in our kingdom.

The more I relaxed the stronger the bond I had with mana. I could feel the roots of mana that connected me to everyone else. Once I was completely relaxed my body was snatched underwater. I gasped and felt myself come up for air but when I looked down again I was horrified at what I saw.

My body layed at the bottom of the pool strings of pure concentrated light holding it there. My face looked completely relaxed. I drove into the water observing what looked like my lifeless body. My chest was neither rising or falling and my face showed no agony. It was like my body was stuck in suspended animation. I was not alive but I also wasn't dead. I went to touch my bodies face but when I did my eyes shot open shining so bright I had to shield my face.

When the light disappeared I lowered my arm from my face but I was no longer in the bath house. I stood on a beach surrounded by the lifeless bodies of my people. Falling to my knees I screamed in horror. A man that looked like Mitsunari picked me up and was pulling me to a small ship.

"Kosuke, you need to leave now!" The man screamed.

I couldn't move or feel my body all I could do was look at my fallen people and weep. I turned my head to the castle and saw its crumbled ruins. The man who grabbed me earlier threw me onto the boat as soldiers were approaching us from down the bloody shore.

"Get her out of here now! We will hold them off!" The man yelled at the boat's captain.

As were sailed off into the ocean I watched as the man that saved my life was slain by a beast. I sobbed uncontrollably as I watched my kingdom crumble before my eyes. I covered my face the horrors I saw forever burned into my mind.

When I opened my eyes I was underwater again in the bathhouse but I couldn't breathe. A figure jumped into the pool as I struggled to get to the surface. They grabbed me pulling me to the surface. Once out of the water I gasped for air.