My People

I huffed as Yami carried me away from the castle, I was so close. He said nothing to me as he walked, his face was stern and set. Even now I would see disgusted looks given to Yami even though he was an esteemed magic night, it broke my heart. Finally we stopped at what looked like a giant silo. Setting me down Yami opened the door and went in first; I followed behind him and was amazed to see all of the Grimoires cover the walls. Standing up at a podium was Julius, the Wizard King, his eyes were glowing as he was flipping through pages of magic books.

Yami grunted and broke Julius from his trance. He looked up at us smiling, "Dear Empress Kosuke and my friend Yami, what brings you out here today?". Julius was warm and kindhearted, he reminded me of my father.

Biting my lower lip looked at Yami and he nodded for me to go on. "I wish to speak with the Emperor, it is an urgent matter." Julius looked at me perplexed, "What is so urgent that we must interrupt the Emperor?" Reaching into my Grimoire satchel I pulled out my crown. It was a beautiful gold crown with intricate designs engraved into it and one stone set in the center. I ripped the stone out of the center throwing the crown onto the floor. I threw the stone to Julius, "Does it look familiar?"

Julius looked up at me his warm look was now cold and serious. Looking down at my feet I tried to blink my tears away thinking about everyone lost, "Is that what they are after?" I looked up to see Julius nodding his head. "Then I believe I know what they are planning to do."

Julius shut his book and walked down towards us, "Then I think it's time you meet with the Emperor." We began to walk back to the castle. Yami grabbed my hand giving it a comforting squeeze. I pulled him close snuggling up to his large arm as we walked. He bent down and kissed the too of my head trying to comfort me in anyway.

We finally made it to the castle and with Julius we had no problem entering the King's palace. We approached the Emperors throne room and I felt my heart begin to pound. I looked up at Yami and he reached out caressing my cheek, "I won't let them take you from me." I nodded silently and he bent down kissing me softly. When he pulled away from the kiss I could still taste cigarettes on my lips. I touched my lips softly knowing this might be our last kiss. Looking up I realised everyone had already gone in, I followed behind catching up to Yami as we approached the Emperor.

Once we were in the throne room Julius began to address the Emperor, "My lord we've come to you to talk about the recent attacks. Empress Kosuke believes she knows what their end goal is." I frustratedly watched as the Emperor ignored Julius.

In a rage I approached his throne, "You are the reason they are doing this!" I yelled pointing at the Emperor. The Emperor looked down at me with cold eyes, "The humans of Clover Kingdom wronged the Elven Tribe and now they are exacting their vengeance."

Ferociously the Emperor stood from his throne, "And who are you a foreigner to enter my Kingdom and tell me my wrongings?" I bowed before the Emperor, "I simply want your Kingdom to learn from my Kingdom's mistakes. And hopefully then, the outcomes will differ."

He looked down at me quizzically, "How are our Kingdoms the same?" Standing up quietly, "We both wronged the Elven Tribe."

Looking at the confused faces around me I explained my Kingdoms past wrongdoings. "My ancestors on my father's side were a sanction of elves who left the main tribe. Nacht the younger brother of Licht by only minutes felt it unfair that Licht had become the Tribes leader, so he left with nearly half the tribe and stole one of their most precious stones. They sailed to the Land of the Rising Sun and the humans and elves lived in harmony, but still separated until my father, the Leader of the tribe, married my mother."

I tucked back my long white hair showing my pointed ears. "Unfortunately it was not a clean break along with blaming the humans, the other elves blamed my ancestor Nacht for their weakness against you humans of Clover Kingdom."

...................

Hey I am so sorry this chapter took forever to get out but I wanted to not have huge plot holes with the main storyline. And the holidays always leave me super busy. Thank you so much for reading make sure to like my story and comment. I absolutely love it when you comment it gives me the motivation to pump out new chapters!