Treacherous Mind Game

I woke up in a daze my body felt as if it had been in a stampede. My arms were tied above my head holding me up from the ground. My legs were tied apart keeping my body completely stretched out, I had no room to even flinch. I hung my head in shame remembering Yami's hurt expression as the guards pulled me away. But I had no tears left. I had been in this dungeon for at least a week with nothing but guards coming down to feed me. And them. . . The restraints burned against my skin as they drained me of my mana.

The door of the dungeon opened and I looked up to see Julius enter with another smaller man behind him. Julius looked up at me his eyes sad, the man behind him however had a stern look on his face.

"No. . . Please stop." I begged as they approached me. "Please I can't take anymore . . . "

My words were interrupted as the small man began again. My head jerked back as I cried out. Floods of memories began passing through my mind. Then each memory was ripped away as they searched for any sign of  my connection to the recent attacks.

When they first started it was fine and I felt like nothing was happening but the farther back into my memory he went it was like he was pulling apart my mind piece by piece. Then came the emotional pain from reliving the memories.

Today however was the worst. I screamed in agony as they retrieved my memories from the day my kingdom fell. Tears I didnt know I had fell from my face as I watched my people die over and over again while they examined my memories. But then everything stopped as I felt my heart wrench in my chest. My breathing quickened as I felt like I was drowning. My ears were filled with a loud rushing sound. Next thing I knew my head fell back as I lost control then my vision began to fade and everything went black.

Julius POV

My heart broke as I searched through her memories but it was important I took compelling evidence to the king in order to get her release. I rewatched her kingdom being taken from her twice and I was just starting to watch it for a third time. This was what we needed to take to the king. I could clearly see Vetto leading the charge against her. As I was selecting key points in her memory, it began to fade. I looked to Marx who also seemed concerned then I looked to Kosuke.

"STOP! STOP NOW!" I shouted. Marx immediately stopped using his magic and I ran to Kosuke as she convulsed.

"Help me get her down!" I commanded as Marx came over. Carefully I brought her down to the floor laying my robe down for her head. I rolled her onto her side as she continued convulsing.

"Marx go get Owen and I will meet you in the medical tower!" I spoke quickly as I lifted Kosuke into my arms, her arms still bound infront of her.

By the time I made it to the medical tower she had stopped convulsing. I layed her down onto a bed and sent an owl to Yami. Owen burst through the doors looking furious, "What have you done?!" Immediately he began to work on Kosuke focusing all his magic on her head.

"Something like this could cause serious amnesia or worse leave them completely brain dead. For the past twelve days you have attacked her mind. And to be honest I don't know what kind of damage you might have done. But enough to attack her central nervous system."

I felt a waive of nausea hit me as the color drained from my face. "I had to do it." I mumbled trying to convince myself.

"The king wasn't going to let her go unless he knew 100% she isn't on their side. I scowered her memories for days to prove her innocent." My voice was weak and I leaned against the wall to steady myself.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" An ominous voice bellowed. I turned to see Yami staring at Kosuke, his face void of any emotions.