Bow to Your Empress

I quickly sat up in bed panting, I grabbed my chest and fell back onto my pillow. I felt the sweat drip down my face. Not another nightmare, it had been three months since Yami's gone missing. Our ocean guard couldn't find any evidence of what might've happened to him.

Last month was my first monthback from my mourning. Since his disappearance I have yet to have another incident but I think it's because I haven't actually connected to mana the way I used to. I have started to take up my roles as Empress and father has continued the Emperor's roles in Yami's absence.

Today I have a meeting with the council but father seems quite on edge about it. I made my way down the corridor into our conference room. I sat at the head of the table. We began our meeting by discussing plans around the kingdom. After that I talked with all of the council heads to see what they were doing. I wanted to know about future plans, any disturbances, and other news they had. This meeting happened at least once a month in order to keep everyone in the know.

After going through our rounds the head of our judicial society stood up to speak. I was slightly taken aback especially because everyone seemed to know what he was doing. "Empress with all due respect there is a matter that we must discuss." He inquired. "It is our tradition and law that you choose an Emperor to run our kingdom. Now we know that you have been through a great loss but our kingdom cannot continue to run at it's full potential if we don't have an Emperor."

Filled with rage I had to hold my tongue until I was calm enough to speak. "Were you not there on the day of my coronation?" Some council members looked at me confused. "I remember on that day I chose an Emperor for our kingdom. Have you so easily forgotten? I refuse to choose another Emperor until I know for certain that our current Emperor will not return."

"Kosuke," one of the admirals spoke, "there is a chance we never find him. What if his body is on the ocean floor by now?"

I stood filled rage, looking over my council members, "Don't you forget who you are speaking to. You will address me as Empress. If anyone ever chooses to speak so ill of me or your Emperor, you will be reprimanded accordingly by dismissal from this council. As for the situation of having an absentee Emperor, I, as of now, will begin to fulfill his duties. I will have the maids and castle coordinators take over my roles."

I sat down and the room exploded with arguments. I leaned back in my chair listening to the council members give me every reason as to why I shouldn't rule.

Admiral Sasuke stood up, "Empress I don't think you understand the duties the Emperor takes on. What will you do if we go to war? Surely you won't be leading our men into battle."

I smirked at the Admiral, "And why won't I lead me people into battle? As of today Mitsunari will be instructing me in combat training. This is my final decision and as acting Emperor I implore you to not fight me on this."

With my final words I stood and left the conference room. The council members astounded by what just took place.