21: THE ROADHOUSE

Chapter twenty one: not edited

( I AM SO GLAD YOU GUYS LIKED THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER. SO LIKE I SAID IN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER I APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK.)

[ALSO I KNOW AFTER SAM AND DEAN BURY THEIR FATHER THERE WAS A ONE WEEK GAP. WHEN I WROTE THIS CHAPTER I FORGOT ABOUT IT SO PLEASE IGNORE THE TIMELINE DIFFERENCES]

50 VOTES AND 40 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER

Hope.

Hope is a funny word because it can mean so many things to different people. It can give them strength during a dark period or it can simply remind them of a time when everything was okay. But, how can someone have hope when everything around them is spiraling out of control? How can someone remain positive when nothing goes right in their lives? How can anyone even think of that word when they know something bad is around the corner?

Lately, that's all Rory Moore could think about. He thought about how he lost his only sibling, how his parents perished in a house fire and how everything seemed to go wrong in his life. After the huge revelation of the yellow eyed demon and how the hell spawn was in the center of it all, he slowly succumbed into his own mind, his escape.

He craved to leave this life behind. He didn't want to endure anymore pain and he clearly didn't want to relive those horrible moments over and over again. But as he replayed the words Dean Winchester had said to him just before he got sent back to his body, he knew he needed to keep fighting. He wasn't a quitter. He was a survivor and he knew the Winchester brothers needed to hear that more than ever.

As those words kept going on and on in his mind, he knew this was going to be a tough journey not only for the brothers but for himself as well. He lost track of how many days and hours he had been with them and he knew this was just the beginning of his own story against evil. Just thinking about how he wants his story to end bothers him. He doesn't want to have a normal death. He wants to go out when he fights for something he believes in.

That's what he learned from Sam Winchester.

Fighting for something that Rory believes in would be a long shot since he hardly thinks positive these days. Why would he? Every day brings in a new victim, a new disaster that he must witness time from time and he absolutely despises it. Why can't he get a win for once? Why does everything have to end with bloodshed?

Standing here, watching Sam and Dean mourn the loss of their father was the hardest thing he had to witness at this moment. Even though most times he was down right cold and mean, he tried. He absolutely tried to do his best and that's what matters the most.

He may not have liked John Winchester but he didn't want him to die like the way he did. Who knows where the man is now? Rory hopes he found peace with himself— maybe even with his wife. Being reunited with someone you love is the best feeling in the world, even when you don't deserve that kind of peace.