Chapter 9

I sneaked behind the hotel since Janna informed me that the front was heavily guarded by dragons. There was a hidden room we would use to escape father when we got in trouble.  Sneaking through the door, I saw Colby and my father but no Aiden.

Black mist surrounded them showing Susie wearing a shredded black dress with metal chains and Gothic boots. Her was in now long silver cornrows with scales between them shining brightly.

"Susie what are you doing?" Father screamed

"Oh Mr. King, I'm not Susie. I'm Daeril," She chuckled

"The goddess of dragons?" Father muttered

"Why yes indeed," Daeril said," Your hotel holds the gem of Ufa that I need to become powerful."

The gem was inside the hotel but that was impossible. I sneaked away to be able to find it before she does. I run down the halls to the elevators hoping that they still worked. I pressed the button to basement where all the stored specials were stocked. Arriving down I see Aiden curled in a corner with dead fear in his eyes.

"Well isn't it old cheater boy," I teased

"Steph how did you even make it down here?" Aiden asked

"Um the elevator," I said pointing behind me

Aiden sighed standing up from his corner. I grabbed him and looked around hoping to find something. I told Aiden to look for a gem but he kept bringing me stuff that weren't close to it. I searched and search but found nothing that was a gem. Suddenly a loud growl was heard behind. Looking through the boxes I see black dragon sniffing the area. I grab Aiden pulling him around the shelf and away from the dragon. Aiden ran towards the elevator and I followed behind when Aiden bumped into  a shelf dropping a glass vase to the floor. The dragon spotted us and ran towards with speed of a cheetah, We ran into the elevator smashing the button to go up until it finally closed. I sighed of relieve before smacking Aiden across the head with angrier.

"Sorry," He said

"We could of died thanks to you," I sighed

"But we didn't," Aiden coughed

"I just need to find a gem or something," I said

"Have you ever checked the Dell room?" Aiden asked

The  Dell room stored old artifacts that father only uses for special event that happen on the island. I pressed the top button and prayed hoping it would be in there somehow, We walked out to see the place all trashed. I looked around before getting my face hit with a snowball and hearing Corey shout. He said sorry over and over before taking us to back of the room revealing similar platforms  on the floor like the cave. Daniel was already on his so Corey and me went to our spot with beams shooting out around us.  We began chanting some old Teutonic  language that we had no control over. Aiden stood behind us saying gibberish with so much fear filling in his words. A caged appeared with a small object inside of it, We stopped and took steps forward to see a cube shape object glowing a misty white color.

"This is the gem of Ufa," I said

"Doesn't look much of a gem," Daniel stated

"Grab it and lets go," Corey replied

I grabbed the gem and we went to the elevator.  Colby and my father were in danger if we didn't come up with some plan to save them. Corey suggested we distract Daeril while Aiden goes for them or we use Aiden as the distracted. He didn't seem too fond of being part of this plan to save his brother and my father. Walking out the elevators, big dragons were waiting us with Daeril behind them.

"I see you find my gem," Daeril chuckled

"Back off Daeril," Corey said," It was never yours to begin with."

"Oh we'll see about that," Daeril replied with a huge smirk

The dragon let out a blast of fire but Corey blocked it off with a huge wave of water making trying to figure out when did he learned that. We ran past so Daniel could get a could angle to strike. He release his dark tentacles that wrapped around the dragons pulling them down through the ground. I ran towards Colby and My father breaking them off from the chain leading them to the exit. I lifted to mid air dropping the gem to come face to face with Daeril  

"Did you really think you would of escaped?" Daeril said 

"You won't win," I coughed struggling to escape her grip

"I already did sweetie," Daeril laughed,"I could give you anything in the world."

"I want nothing from you," I said

'Not even your memories?" She purred

I looked straight at her with frozen eyes, she could let remember who i was before coming here to the island. I would remember my family maybe even that women who says she's real mother. If I gained back my memories wouldn't that mean i would have to leave everyone behind. Daniel throw a dark magic ball hitting Daeril in the face dropping me into his arms. She began to laugh and then my whole body began to act up. I couldn't feel my body or see anyone before it went black.

I opened my eyes to be in some kind of small neighborhood next to a park. I walked around not knowing where i was or where i was going. I walked towards some apartments with little children running around playing game. A white car parked beside me to reveal myself wearing a  fancy black dress and heels, I screamed my name but she couldn't hear me in fact she walked through me. I saw the women and boy from the hotel walking behind from a distance wearing  fancy clothing as well. I was confused in what this was exactly? It didn't feel like a memory at all. Suddenly I was in a room with myself waking up.

"Stephanie!"

"Stephanie!"

"STEPHANIE!"

I saw myself jumped out of bed falling on the floor getting a massive headache. She stood up and went downstairs to see the woman standing with her arms cross. he looked curious in what she did wrong. The women told her to get ready because my trip was today to go to the island, She past me to get changed. I was went to the next memory of seeing myself sitting on the plane with no worries until the Captain mention we were underneath the Teutonic islands. The plane opened from underneath making everyone fall down towards the ocean. Was this how everything went down hill? I move forward to the shore to see myself hit the shore  but my head hits a large rock. Janna, Miguel, and Julio surrounded me shouting before picking me up towards Miguel's truck.

I stood there with tear running down my face. I couldn't believe that this was how I lost my memories. I was suddenly moved to my bedroom at the hotel with father and Janna talking with me. That was the moment when my life changed but it was a good change i never expected to have. I was grateful for even having me as their daughter and sister for a whole year with so much problems. 

I wake up to be back at the hotel surrounded by Corey and Daniel fighting dragons and Daeril. I quickly got up and blasted a fireball at Daeril who catched it in her hand.

"Your not the only one who can bend fire," Daeril laughed