♛ Chapter Three ♛

Picture of Peter Creek and Emily Willis~~ 

Sunday, October, 28 11:15 AM

~Dustin~

/Wrap me in a bolt of lightning/ Send me on my way still smiling/

Straight into the mouth of the unknown/ Never really thought I'd be able/

I've said it so many times/ I would change my ways no never mind/

Call me a sinner, call me a saint/

Tell me it's over I'll still love you the same/ Call me the worst/ It's all that I can say/

So I'll be on my way/ I had to say goodbye for the last time/ Maybe that's the way it should be/ So I'll be on my way\

— "Call me" - Shinedown 💔

     Sunday's agenda: Church, fancy restaurant, and home where we quickly change and get Abbie to dance and Riley to baseball. Once we drop them off I have to follow Peter around, but this is a special Sunday so everyone, but me, gets redressed in better outfits for my father's monthly banquet. Which means I'll be home alone! You can't see me right now but I'm giving you a high five.

     "Mommy, I'm hungry," Abbie whined and my mother nodded.

     "Today you can pick the Sunday restaurant. How does that sound?"

     Abbie nodded quickly and raced to the car with Riley at her heels. I have no doubt they'll make this decision together.

     "Did you learn anything?" My father's voice was new to me and I could tell even Peter thought it was different.

     "Yes sir," Peter said before getting into the seat in front of the twins.

     My mother and father were locked by the arms and I found them waiting for me to speak. Though my mother was much more eager.

     "Ya, sure." I opened the car door without another glance and took the seat beside Peter.

     Before long we were all in the car awaiting the twins to give us directions. I know that if it was my brother's pick we would go to a Chinese restaurant and if it was my parents' choice we would go to some American homestyle place. The twins chose anything they felt at the moment while I'm a sucker for Italian food. I blame Izzy for getting me stuck on her Italian style dishes.

     "Let's go to the soup place!"

     Soup, really? Peter seemed to nod in agreement with the twins and I stared ahead, waiting for my parents to drive.

     "I guess that would be nice." My mother mumbles placing a hand on my father's shoulder. He started to drive, and to no one's surprise, he did this without saying a word.

                                                                           ♛

     The soup place was not one of the most high-class places we've been to but it was classy nonetheless. Abbie and Riley were the first to jump out of the car ignoring our mother's protests. Peter shut off his phone and slipped it into his pocket before following their lead. I went right after them so I would not have to risk being in the car alone with my father.

     "Mommy I want a window seat! Please!" Abbie applied her pouty face and it didn't take long for my mother to crack and ask for the small window booth. It barely looked able to fit our family.