♛ Chapter Ten ♛

Thursday, November, 1  5:24 AM

~Dustin~

     I groaned while rearranging into a cooler position under the covers. My eyes stayed sealed, willing my dreams to overcome my consciousness once again and grant me sweet relief from the lingering pain of yesterday's shenanigans and today's upcoming nodi. 

    The smell of breakfast wafted through the vents making my stomach growl and I knew that sleep was not of any concern anymore. More eager to start the day, I peeled my eyes open to be greeted by a sleeping Izzy.

    I could not help the peaceful smile that overtook my features as I stared at her. I really do not know what I would do without her.

     Carefully, so she did not freak out, I nudged her arms until she started to stir. 

     "Mornin'"

     Izzy basically growled at me and covered her face with one of my pillows so I decided to leave her be for now. I sat up in my bed giving my surroundings a once-over. My room looked cozy as ever but I knew I would not be able to stay in this oasis for much longer. Spending all night partying does not excuse you from your daytime schedule, I reminded myself when my eyes landed on my school bag.

     I sighed and slid out of bed allowing my bare feet to be zapped by the cold wooden floor. My head was pulsing as I maneuvered to the other side of the bed to wake Izzy. After a little more coaxing she was coherent enough to sit up and hold her own head, no doubt sporting her own monster headache.

      "Oh God. . . What time is it?" Izzy groaned and I leaned over to check my clock.

     "It's 5:24. Come on and we can sneak into the bathroom before anyone else needs it."

    We made our way to my door and I turned to give her a 'be quiet' gesture. Izzy rolled her eyes in return and motioned for me to hurry up. I sassed her back before cracking the door open and checking the hall for any of my family members. When the coast was clear I opened the door and motioned for Izzy to head towards the bathroom. She did so, careful not to cause too much noise, and I followed behind her before shutting the bathroom door behind us.

     We let out a collective sigh as I turned on the lights and started heating up the shower. Izzy gave me a look motioning towards her clothes from the Halloween party last night and I shrugged. She pursed her lips giving me an 'are you serious' look and I rolled my eyes whispering out, "You wanna wear my clothes?"

     "Dustin? Are you up sweetie?"

     Izzy and I both jumped as my mother's voice interrupted our half silent argument. Izzy flailed her arms which made me grab both her hands to calm her down. I turned off the shower to imitate me being in it already before calling out to my mother.

     "Yes ma'am. Just getting ready!"

     "Of course. Any breakfast requests?"

     I felt my stomach growl at the mention of food. "Some eggs sound good. . . I'll be down in a minute!"

    I listened as her footsteps went down the stairs and I turned the hot water back on and let go of Izzy's arms. A slight blush tinted her cheeks but I chalked it up to her nerves. I motioned for her to go first and whispered that I would find her some of my clothes to wear while she showered.

     Heading back out into the hall I was careful not to make any noise. I grabbed my school uniform for the day and then grabbed an extra shirt and pants for Izzy. I paused looking over my sweaters and decided to grab one for her too, just in case.

Breaking Dustin CreekOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara