♛ Chapter Eight ♛

Halloween Party

Wednesday, October, 31  8:12 PM

~Dustin~

/We used to laugh/ From trying to solve all problems we're going through/ Forget 'em all/

'Cause all those nights we would stand and never fall/ Together we faced it all/

Stay up late and we'd talk all night/

In a dark room lit by the tv light/ Through all the hard times in my life/

Those nights kept me alive/

Didn't want to go home to another fight/ As long as we'd forget our lives/

There's nothing wrong with us/ And now I wish those nights would last\

     — "Those nights" - Skillet 🤍

     School today went on as normal. Today was pretty easy, Brison must have taken a day off because of Halloween. He never approached me after gym yesterday making me watch my back all the time. All everyone was talking about was two parties, Sam's and the one Peter is going to. Word got around that Sam had an empty house and tons of room to spare so now I have to go to a party full of people.

     I had gotten a call from Izzy and she should be picking me up soon so my brother doesn't know where I'm going. It probably wouldn't blow over well if my mother found out I was going to that party. My arm seemed to be getting worse and it hurts to move it, but I made a promise. I haven't really been able to clean it without causing suspicion. My mom watches the medicine cabinet like a hawk since she found out I was stealing pills.

     I grabbed my red beanie from the top of my drawer and fixed up my hair. I'm not going in a costume and instead choosing to be myself because that's extremely scary. I check my lip piercing in the mirror and chuckled. There is a lot my family doesn't know about me if you haven't already figured that out for yourself.

     A horn started to go off outside and I rushed out of my room and to the front door. My mother was in the living room watching scary movies with the twins, and surprisingly, my dad. Our neighborhood trick or treat doesn't start till later. I wave quickly before jumping out the door and jogging to Izzy's Jeep.

     "I was expecting you to dress up this year."

     "Expecting? You didn't dress up either."

     "Your right, it was more like wishing, and I did too. I'm an Italian model." Izzy made a sexy pose and did her best to act seductive.

     I laughed and grabbed a water bottle from the back.

     "You got everything?"

     Our laughs died down and I nodded my head pulling out a wad of cash. I snuck it from my father's office. I had an open opportunity since he was at his work office all last night. He had a few wads just sitting around in a drawer and I figured he wouldn't miss one of 'em.

     Izzy nodded and started driving off. Sam's house resided just beyond the forest inside a little glade. I would honestly kill for that house, of course, he has another house for when his father needs to be closer to the city. Sam hated his house, saying it was too far away, that was until he started partying and realized that it was the perfect place. Now every party he has is the party of the year unless you would rather keep a good name.