Comment 3: @SylviaWolfe

Collapsing inside, I heard the door slam shut and waited for the sound of wood splintering. It never came.

I cautiously raised my head and blinked a few times. No. This was impossible. Slowly standing, I stared at the sight in front of me. I spun around a few times, just to check. I wasn't dreaming.

"You like,"The Doctor asked, coming to the middle where a large consul table was, "Bit new, but I'm getting a hang of it."

"It's...it's..."

"Incrredible? Amazing? Awesome?"

"Smaller on the oustide."

She stopped and put on a puzzled face. "Not what most people say, but alright."

Flipping a switch on the console, The Doctor reached over and pulled out a cream and bit into it.

"So, she asked chewing, "Where do you want to go?"

My hand was on some of the keys when she reached over and slapped them.

"No touching."

Sighing, I thought about her question. Past? Future? I was taking to long and she groaned.

"Come on! You have all of time and space, anywhere and everywhere."

"All right, all right. I know where I want to go."

A grin appeared, one that covered her entire face. "Just spit it out then."

"I don't have an actual place in mind, but I want to meet someone famous. Like Churchill or Charles Dickens."

The Doctor whirled around and grabbed onto a lever. "Then that's what we'll do."

And then she pulled.

"You're joking right," I yelled at her over the clamour of aliens - wait, no robots- whatever they were, trying to get through the doorway.

In response, The Doctor gave me a stare like I was the alien in the room, not her.

"Come on, you think I would be jokin'?"

I nodded slowly. "Yeah. Sorry if I don't seem to believe you."

She moved away from the big blue police box and came right up to my face, her brown eyes fixed on mine.

"Look, right now we have aliens about to come crashing through that door and I'm not gonna let you get blasted to pieces by them, so either you get in or I drag you in."

At that, there was a loud explosion and the door came down. Five of the....things came trooping in, all holding their metal guns.

It then dawned on me how bad the situation was.

"Alright," I cried and threw the wooden door open, hoping that any shield was better than none.