Comment 4: @bookfangirlmaryjane

She looks up at me, obviously seeing my shock and utter confusion. "So, watcha think?" she asks me excitedly. I open my mouth but don't know what to say so I close it again, only to open it for a second try that ends just like the first did. The Doctor chuckles a little, making me feel stupid.

"How?" I finally manage to ask. "How does a room... fit into a box? Is it... like Harry Potter?" The blonde woman comes closer towards me and tilts her head a little. "Well, you could say that, but there's no magic or spells... It's just how she's constructed." Now I'm really confused. "She?" The Doctor smiles and strokes a pillar beside her.

"My ship, my TARDIS. She's brilliant and I don't know what I'd do without her. Although she keeps dropping me off somewhere I don't want to be, like right now right here." I'm trying to follow her words but it's hard. "Wait, sorry, this is a ship? Ship as in pirate or ship as in Star Wars, spaceships?" It's somehow easier to understand those things when having something to relate it to.

"Like Star Wars, a spaceship, although those spaceships are nothing like my TARDIS. She's not just a ship, you see? She's not just metal and technology and software and hardware. She's alive." A strange tone of sadness follows those last words and I feel like I'm missing something.

"TARDIS?" I ask, because I haven't heard that word anywhere before. The Doctor nods and speaks again, this time less sad. "TARDIS, yes. It stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space." Somehow that information doesn't explain anything at all. But I nod anyway, trying to look like I understand what she is saying, even though I don't.

"Now, wanna go for a trip?"