Comment 7: @Eclypse_AF

"Come along Alice, there's one more thing you need to see!"

The Doctor grabbed my hand and pulled me with her, walking quickly down the streets of that little town in the north of Italy I live in.

I had met that woman the day before and yet I followed her like I trusted her with my life.

And I did.

I trusted her because she saved me. In one night she changed my view of the world we live in -completely, in any possible way- by saving me from aliens. Yeah, those things exist.

She's one of them, apparently, even if she looks completely human.

In a short time, we reached an alley on the side of the road. Inside, near one of those big green trash cans where you could fit a couple of people, there was a blue wooden box. A police box, said the sign above the door.

A British phone box. Here in Italy.

Well, after an alien spaceship came from the sky, I should've been a bit less surprised probably, but still I looked at her quizzically.

"Ali, this is the TARDIS! The best ship in the whole universe. After what happened to you, I think you'd enjoy to see it, wouldn't you?"

She said all of that like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But- It's a phone box. I mean, it's as big as a shower! How can you use it to travel in space?" I asked.

"Take a look inside"

And saying so, she pushed the door a little, a smirk on her face.

I approached the blue box, pushing the door a bit further. It squeaked in a lovely way.

I took a step inside, carefully.

"Ma che accidenti- WHAT!?"

My mouth fell open as I looked around. Nope. Not possible.

"It's- Bigger on the inside! What is this, some sort of Wardrobe to Narnia?"

She laughed at me, smiling. She had dimples, I noticed. I didn't realise that before.

"TARDIS," she explained, "Time And Relative Dimensions In Space"

"So... this is kind of a different dimensional place?"

"Yes, dimensional engeneering! You're clever!"

I looked around me in disbelief. We were standing in a circular room, walls covered in exagonal figures, like beehives. In the centre, a pillar surrounded by what I supposed what the control panel.

Lights were flickering and there were buttons and levers everywhere.

There was a miniature of the TARDIS spinning.

A few screens.

Words in an alien language -Gallifreyan, maybe?

One of those things you use to measure time with using sand. I couldn't remember the English word for it at the moment and I didn't even try to.

It was beautiful. Simply brilliant.

"So, do you wanna see her in action?"

I looked back at the Doctor. She was standing near the control area, already pushing a few buttons.

"Sorry, what?"

"This ship can bring us anywhere in time and space. Since you're such a SciFi nerd I thought you'd enjoy a trip somewhere!"

Time and space. I was in a freaking Time machine. Oh God, that lady was mad and so was I.

Actually, I think I've never been sane and I'm quite happy about it.

I couldn't help but think: 'When did my life get so exciting?'

"Somewhere, huh? Where, exactly?"

A smile grew on my face.

"All of time and space, all of the future, the present and the past! Every planet and every star, every sea and every mountain! Anywhere, anywhen, you decide!"

I thought about it. All of time and space out of those blue doors.

How could I possibly choose a single place?

And still, I knew exactly where I wanted to go.

"Let's go somewhere different from what I've always seen!"

"Good choice, Alice! I like that!" She winked and me "And I like you, my friend!"

She pulled a lever, and a wheezing sound filled the environment.

I didn't know where -or when- we were headed. I didn't know what was going to happen to us.

But I knew one thing for certain: it was going to be unforgettable.