"A monster"

Yings pov

The alarm went on and the lights in our department were red.

"The experiment failed!"
One of my fellow scientists yelled out, running as fast as he could.

There was chaos everywhere, and everyone panicked.
I covered my ears in the unpleasant mix of people screaming and the piercing sound of the emergency alarm.

"What's going on?!" I asked Boboiboy, entering the isolated room where the monster was contained.

"He's gone mad!!" Boboiboy warned me not to take a step closer.

Suddenly, the speaker went on and the entire building heard an announcement.
"There is an earthquake approaching! Everyone please take cover!!"
Yaya's shaky voice scared Boboiboy more than the monster did.

"An earthquake?!" My eyes widened, and I saw the ceiling begin to collapse.

"BOBOIBOY!!!" I pushed him out of the falling cement, then CRASH!

He coughed, looking back at me.
"Ying! Get out of here!"

"NO! YOU GET OUT!" I ordered him in a straight face,
"I need to help this creature!"

"BUT THERES NO MORE HOPE FOR THAT MONSTER! HE'S DYING! HE'S GOING ON A RAMPAGE IF YOU DARE SET HIM FREE!" Boboiboy shouted out of concern, reaching his hand out to me.

I looked at him one last time before I pushed him into the elevator.

"YING!" He cried out as I pressed the 'down' button.

I smiled."Everyone has hope, Professor! I'll rescue Fang!"

The monster was actually a mutation. It used to be an innocent human named Fang, but now it was a trained killing machine with mutated animal parts.

We saved him yesterday and planned to bring him back to normal but things are getting out of hand.
But I have to get him to a safe place!

Suddenly, the ground began to shake and fell to my feet.
"Waa--!!!"

I took cover under a table, watching over the creature carefully through it's shockproof glass-room.

It was over in a few seconds and I stood up slowly, my legs wobbling. "Fang.."

BANG! The glass which held him captive shook violently and a crack was visible as he landed a punch on it.

I gasped. He was already this strong?

"D-dont worry I'll--!!" I was cut off by another round of ground-movement.

Aftershock!!! I just hoped the professor and everyone else was safe out of the building by now.

Suddenly, the lightbulbs above me broke and I covered my head in fear. Everything blinked, and the lights died. Now everything was lit in the red color of our alarms.

I couldnt properly walk on the ground, it had many ups and downs, and I feared that if I stepped on one wrong tile, I'd come falling from the 5th floor.

Then when I thought everything was finally over, The loud crashing of glass pierced my ears.

I looked around the room.
NO! Fang escaped.

And then I thought wrong; for
the creature grabbed me out of nowhere without warning, making me scream.

But when I opened my eyes..
I was laying on the ground, and Fang wasnt there.

I looked back at the spot where I stood earlier, finding a pile of tubes and thick layer of cement.
The ceiling was completely torn apart.

I nearly cried at the realization;
that the monster saved my life.

Was he a monster, then?

I dont think so.