11

"And then Flash tripped and everyone was laughing their asses off." Liz couldn't contain the laughter as she was explaining Jessica what she had missed about the party of the night before. The whole decathlon team was sitting in the cafeteria, chatting before going to their extracurricular activity. The only ones missing were MJ, who Jessica had met at Liz's party, and Ned. She had recently known that Peter had been a member of the team a few weeks ago, but decided to leave it. "You should've seen it, it was hilarious. It's a shame you had to leave." 

Jessica stuck to the excuse she had previously told her. "Yeah, I think it was something I drank."

"Wait, how did you get home? Did you go alone?" Betty asked her and Jessica replied without hesitation.

"Oh, no! I left with Peter."

"Peter? Peter Parker? The Penis Parker?" Flash looked at her like she was crazy. Actually, everyone had stopped doing what they were doing and were now staring at her, waiting for a further explanation. "Are you guys dating or something?" 

Now Jessica was looking at him like he was crazy.

"What?! No!"

Flash ignored her comment. "Damn it, Parker... He got the hot girl at the end."

"We're not dating."

"Then why did you leave with him?" Betty curiously asked.

Jessica sighed, accepting that trapped between the wall and the sword. "I'm staying at his place as a part of the Stark Internship."

"Omg, are you serious?" Liz exclaimed, making Betty to giggle. Jessica was confused before that scenario.

"Liz wants to be you so bad right now."

"What? Why's that?" Jessica asked.

"'Cuz she likes Peter." Betty mocked Liz while smirking. After her statement Liz shook her head and Flash threw his arms on the air.

"Omg, why are all the girls after him?"

"Nobody is going after him." Liz calmly said. She turned to Betty. "I don't like him, I just said that I think he's cute. And I said it just once."

"Yeah, right, you just think he's cute..."

Jessica felt something inside of her that she didn't like. She didn't like how Liz talked about Peter. It wasn't that she was jealous, it's just that Liz hadn't seen a side of Peter that would make her realise he wasn't as nice as she thought. She didn't know Peter the way Jessica knew him.

Flash'd had enough and with a disgusted look on his face begged for a change of subject. "Okay, can we stop talking about Penis Parker and focus on something actually important?"

"Yes, the decathlon trip to Washington." Liz said excited. "We're gonna party so hard they are going to hear us in Australia."

"Won't we be on trouble if we do though?" Jessica asked, trying to put aside her confusing feelings.

"Don't worry Jess, it's only one night and it's not the first time it's been done."

The second after, they saw Michell walking by their table with a book in her hands. She was reading it so up close to her face and so concentrated that Jessica thought she would trip over. She interrupted her reading.

"Hey, MJ! We're talking about the trip to Washington."

"Hi, Jess." She said, looking up from the book and smiling at the blonde girl. 

"You wanna join us?" Jessica invited her.

"Not really."

With that she left, going back to her reading and leaving everyone at the table perplexed. 

"She doesn't give a fuck, like, ever." Jessica stated in admiration. "I love her."

___

"Have you packed up everything?" May asked once more as Jessica closed the zipper of her bag for the trip to Washington. 

"Yes, May!" She said loud enough for May to hear her from her room. She left the small room and walked into the living room, were the older woman was standing. "I'm only leaving for two days, I don't need to pack much." She told her with a smile.

"It's just in case. You have my cell phone number and the home phone number, right?" 

"Yes."

May picked up the phone. "Do you want to try if they work? Call me, let's just see if-"

A small laugh scaped from Jessica's mouth as she stopped her.

"May, it'll be alright. Don't worry." She assured her. "I will call you if something happens, you'll be the first to know."

"I just don't want anything bad to happen to you." The young aunt bit her lip, concerned. "I wish you two went together." She was referring to her nephew. "I still can't figure out why Peter doesn't have any free time with the internship but you do."

"He volunteered for the dirty work." Jessica lied. "Mr. Stark makes him work very hard."

May just nodded, not a hundred percent convinced. She gave Jessica a weak smile before she made her way to the kitchen. Jessica took the chance to engage a small talk with the Spider-Boy. She knocked on his bedroom door, but the teenage boy thought it was his aunt.

"We're working, May! I'll be out in a second!"

"It's me, Jessica."

Stumbling noises were heard behind the door and a second later the door was opened, showing an out of breath Peter.

"Oh, hey." 

"Hi." Behind Peter she saw another boy wearing his Spider-Man mask. She assumed it was Ned, since he was Peter's closest friend and the only one who knew his secret identity.

"Yeah..." Jessica greeted them both with that. "You know, your aunt is starting to suspect. She knows something's off with the internship. I told her you're just working your ass off but I think that made her worry even more."

"Well, uhm..." He closed the door behind him a little bit, so now Jessica couldn't see as much of the room as before. "I'll try to be more careful."

"Also, please, don't do anything stupid while I'm away. Do you think you can do that?" The boy stood still and Jessica kept talking. "I'm not telling you to stay at home and do nothing, just don't go after dangerous situations where you could actually get hurt."

"Of course, yeah, I can do that."

He closed the door even more, what made Jessica suspect something was going on in there. She saw the glowy purple thing they found on the street the night of the party on his desk.

"Hey, is that the thing from the weapon? Did you figure out what it is?" 

Peter seemed surprised. "Yeah, well, no, we're still working on it. I'll tell you as soon as we get it."

"I don't want you to tell me, I want you to get rid of it." 

"Yeah, that too."

Not fully convinced, Jessica decided to let it go and just go to rest. "I'm gonna go now. Stay out of danger."

"You too." Peter said and then realized what he had said made no sense. Jessica started to go back to her room at the end of the hall when Peter called her. "Jessica." The girl turned to face him, waiting for him to talk. "Nothing, you just... You look nice."

Jessica shook her head and went into her room. Once the door closed behind her, Peter went into his room as well, finding Ned looking at him incredulously.

"Dude, seriously?" He said. "You look nice?"