22

Jessica saw the car entering the headquarters' facilities. Knowing Peter Parker was inside that car, she ran out of her room excited. A few days had passed since homecoming and she hadn't seen or talked to the boy since.

She had stayed with Tony, running tests to better understand her powers. They were back and she was stronger than ever. He kept insisting on recruiting her as an Avenger and she hadn't given him a proper answer yet. She was still hesitant.

Jessica almost tripped going down the stairs, but finally made it where Tony and Peter were. They were talking, and she knew exactly about what. Tony was going to ask Peter to join the team, as well. One of the first things that Jessica learnt about him was how desperately he wanted to be an Avenger, and she wanted to be there when it happened.

"Mr Stark, I really-" Peter stopped talking mid sentence when he saw Jessica standing behind Tony.

"Hi." She said as they both walked closer to each other.

"Hey, Jess. Hi." Peter was trying to remain calm, but his nerves were kind of obvious. "Hi."

Tony sighed, getting the hint. "Do you- I can leave you alone."

Jessica nodded. "That'd be great."

"Yep." Agreed Peter. "Thanks, Mr Stark."

"I'll still be around, though." He said. "And there's security cameras."

Tony walked to the other part of the big room and started talking to Happy. Jessica smiled at Peter, happy to see him. "How was the ride up?"

"Good." He replied. "I- It feels like it's been a lot of time..."

She finished the sentence. "Since the last time we saw each other, yeah." And yet only three days had passed. "I'll be back to school next week. I think it will be different from now on."

"That's great!"

"Yeah, it is." They both sighed, nervous.

Peter stepped closer to her. "Listen, I- about what happened on homecoming night... between us..." He tried not to stutter. "Well, I still feel the same way but if you don't want anything to happen then-"

Jessica cut him off by placing her hands on the sides of his face and pulling him down into a kiss. With that single action she expressed what she couldn't do with just words.

"I do want something to happen." She smiled after pulling away. "Just in case it wasn't clear."

Peter's smile was gigantic. He leaned in to give her another kiss when Mr Stark stepped in.

"Alright, time's up!" Both of them pulled away and looked at him. "It's my turn to talk. Listen, you screwed the pooch hard, bigtime. But then you did the right thing. Took the dog to the free clinic, you raised the hybrid puppies... All right, not my best analogy. I was wrong about you. I think, with a little more mentoring you could be a real asset to the team."

Peter eyes widened and his gaze went back and forth from Jessica to Tony. "To the- to the team?" Jessica nodded and held his hand.

Tony continued to explain what his plan was. "Yeah. Anyway, there's about 50 reporters behind that door. Real ones, not bloggers. When you're ready, why don't you try that on?" He pressed a button and a brand new Spider-Man suit was revealed from the wall. Peter contemplated the scene astonished. "And I'll introduce the world to the newest official member of the Avengers: Spider-Man."

"Can I-" He asked for permission to have a better look at the new suit.

"Yeah, give that a look. After the press conference, Happy and Jess will show you to your room. Where's he between?"