Kabanata 18

Kabanata 18

"Are you going to tie me again?" tanong ko sa dalawang taong naunang maglakad sa 'kin.

Pyra turned to me then smiled. I didn't respond. I don't want to. The scars and pain is still written all over my face.

"Is that what you want?" Tears asked.

"That's what you want," gaya ko sa sinabi niya but in a statement form. I heard him took a deep sigh.

Hindi na sila sumagot pagkatapos no'n. We continued to walk letting silence wrapped us. Hindi na rin ako nagsalita. My body is still weak. Mabuti nga't pinatulog pa nila ako.

We stopped in front a door. I swallowed when Tears opened it. I gasped, looking for air. Walang paglagyan ang kabang nararamdaman ko ngayon. Oh, shit. They'll hurt me! They're going to hurt me again. I need to find help and—

"Creep," Pyra called. "Are you fine? You look pale."

I nodded as my response. She shook her head. Hindi siya kumbinsido. But then she took a deep sigh.

"Don't worry, we're not going to hurt you again," she assured that I still doubt.

Naunang pumasok si Tears sa silid na sinundan naman ni Pyra and lastly, ako. I wandered my eyes to observe the surroundings. May bookshelf ang silid na ito. Then a tennis table, some chairs, and such. May malaki pang television sa harap.

My brows creased when I saw Thora, Weild, and Robin that's already inside. They are playing something. When I look closer, I realized it's a board game called chess.

"You read my mind again, Levi!" pag-aakusa ni Wield. "Cheater."

"But I didn't use any tricks on you," Robin defended.

"Hey, guys, they're here," anunsyo ni Thora na nagpatigil naman sa kanila.

They instantly turned and looked at us—especially me. They looked like they are facing a stranger. A strange stranger.

My eyes suddenly fixed to Robin. He smirked and looked away. I did the same and focus my attention to the other members.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"We often go here whenever we felt bored," Pyra answered. "In short, tambayan namin ito."

I almost chocked when I heard it. A memory suddenly flashed into my mind which made me realized one thing.

"That explains why you are always late in responding. You're busy of these shits," I uttered which made them quiet. "Ayos lang ba kayo? You have this place, resting here, without minding everyone there that might need your helps? Humihiga lang kayo rito't nagsasaya habang malapit nang dumating ang mga oh-so-called-fucking-aliens? You look blind immature stupids."

They didn't answer. Instead, some of them cleared their throats. Some just turned around and some just stared at me.

"You look pathetic," Wield suddenly said. "That bus incident? The late respond? We did it on purpose. That incident is scripted, Creep. We did it so you can use your ability."

I rolled my eyes. "Bakit ba hindi na ako nagulat?"

"And we're not just sitting down here," Thora said and cleared her throat. "We're refreshing our minds."

Hindi na ako sumagot pa saka umupo na lamang sa isa sa mga silya roon. I don't know. Ni hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit pa nila ako kailangang dalhin dito. For what? Display?

"You won't sit there," Pyra said and pointed the chair in front of Robin. "You'll play. Sit there."

"No, thanks," I said and shook my head. I even folded my arms just to let them know that I'm persistent.