I

Prologue
October 21, 2018
1747 Words

"The world isn't a cruel place anymore...right?" - k.th

A soft breeze blows through an open land filled with endless amount of flowers, each and every single one of them holding dust of jewels that can glimmer beautifully under the sun's beaming rays or the moon's soft light

Such scenery seems like something from out of a dream or a cute children's book but it's very real. Especially the abnormally large white furred tiger that lays rest in the pretty meadow.

The tiger senses a presence coming further, having its eyes slowly open as it starts to growl in its throat. A threatening tone to whoever comes near it and..it's sleepy friend that, with the softest movement, causes them to roll over to the side and snuggle up closer to the tiger's coat. There small hands and gentle fingertips clinging onto the snowy fur.

As the tiger's vision clears up it notices the presence was someone familiar, causing the tiger to hold back the snarl that was ready to erupt.

The protective tiger instead closes its eyes once more and lets the presence lay its palm near the back of its ear, feeling it's fur being caressed with care. It's ears unintentionally perk up while it's tail swishes around.

"Thank you for taking care of him as always, Taehyung." The presence spoke up with a smile on their face.

The tiger shakes off the voice's touch and lets out what seemed like a scoff as it turned its head away.

"I know I know.." the voice, a man's voice, chuckles, "the great god Taehyung swore to protect my bloodline from evil for centuries not babysit my youngest." He says while sitting down with his legs crossed.

"Though.." a sly smile appears on the man's face, "correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that ever since I've commanded you to take care of him you looked irritated before but now you seem rather fond of my boy, huh?"

The tiger grows irritated with the man as it flashes out its sharp claws and shifts slightly to slash at him. Luckily, for the man, the tiger misses at marking the man's face since he dodges away by leaning back but the little boy that rested comfortably on the animal shifts as well with an unsettling expression.

The boy stirs with distressed whines catching the tiger's attention instantly. The tiger, Taehyung, looks over at the child and leans his neck forward. while closing its eyes it plants soft licks on the boy's right cheek, easily calming the little boy down. Once his heart beat was normal the tiger felt satisfied, warmth being well displayed in its ice blue colored eyes.

"Thank you, again." The man says softly, a tone so sweet like honey, "Joon's quite frail and smaller than the kids at his age, usually you're the type that gives respect to the strong and never towards the weak that's why you swore to stick by my bloodline till the end of time, huh." The animal nods at his statement.