III

Invasive
November 4, 2018
3469 words

"Are you...him?"
- p.jm

Heavy breathing

Heavy breathing. Several cuts and bruising. Light sprinting feet avoiding any obstacle before them through a vast forest. A wicked smile plastered on there face as they laugh out hysterically.

There legs finally leaped out the untouched grounds only to be seen with a large stone pathway leading to hell knows where. But he follows, looking behind him to see whatever was chasing him was still behind his tracks.

"Come on you can run faster than that!" They shouted mockingly as they sprinted ten fold, the stone pathway welcoming them to a country side with acres of land. Windmills could be seen from afar, there was even one close by with animals peacefully eating in pens or fenced up grounds. He rushes off the pathway that led further into mountains and through whoever's farm was near, taking in the pretty site of vegetables and fruits and other sorts of beautiful plants or flowers planted in neat rows.

He didn't realize that there was a dog near by, but when he did he whistles out, calling for the animals attention. It was a large guard dog with its ears instantly perking up at the sound.

"Protect me!" They hollered before sprinting onwards, jumping over small obstacles and fences that came his way.

The dog's eyes dart over to the black figure that chased after him and immediately charges over with its sharp canines peeking through, heavily snarling to make itself known.

The black figure stumbles back at the way the animal was ready to pounce on the figure any moment.

The male ran so far to the point they reached another stone path that lead to a very unique kingdom. Well, every kingdom had its own touch but, he could tell that this was the famous kingdom that was the heart and center of the entire country. The entire planet really.

The kingdom's castle itself was immensely huge as it lays at the very center where even an outsider from many miles away could pin point. The castle being an enormous tree with golden leaves, each and every one of them shimmering off sparkles of gold dust without an end. It was no wonder it was also the richest kingdom in the world.

He's heard stories that the tree actually had a guardian, a mighty god that looked down upon many. A god that many thought was hard to please. Though one royal family caught the God's eye and he felt immense respect towards them. The god himself never knew that he'd bow his own head to them, but he did, without at ounce of regret. He even turned the worlds largest and ancient tree that he's protected for years from gold hungry men into a castle fitting for the royal families liking. There they lived for years upon years and it soon became the most richest and safest kingdom in the world to live in. With the tree being in the center and many civilians worthy to live there in harmony. That same Royal Family was the only family, with its many generations of rulers or monarchs to be able to live there.