II

Prologue: End.
October 28, 2018
1989 words

"Please...come back to us."
- k.th

A little boy that was around nine years old was running down a large hallway in the Kim Royal family's castle wearing elegant, yet comfortable, designer clothing that probably costed a fortune

As the boy ran down the hall he met with two double doors that seemed like skyscrapers. He had a little trouble trying to budge them open but the boy managed to creak it enough for him to slip through, then he was met with a large dining hall.

"Namjoon!" The little boy hears someone familiar call out to him and he stiffens up at how close by the person sounded. Quickly, he shuts the door behind him, praying that the clicking sound wasn't loud enough for someone to know where he was.

As the boy was looking around frantically for some sort of hiding spot he notices another set of doors that he remembered lead to the head chef's kitchen.

As his little legs ran towards the spotless kitchen, in a second he was scooped up from the floor. He squealed once he realized who picked him up by one arm- it was Taehyung.

He was in his human form this time, wearing traditional heavy robes with the most beautiful flower print. The red mixed with golden silks complimented his lean figure well along with his heavenly face. His icy blue eyes stare calmly at the little boy that struggled furiously in his grasp, he couldn't even budge. His lips part to let out a heavy sigh once the boy starts to grow tired from flailing his arms and legs. With his free hand he runs it through his silver wavy locks and says, "Are you done running away from me now?"

All the little boy did was grumble lowly as he let Taehyung set him down on the edge of the overly sized dinner table.

"It's not fair..." The boy, Namjoon, forms a pout as he stares at his legs swinging from the edge.

"What isn't fair, young highness." Taehyung says as he casually fixes up the boy's attire.

"How are you so good at playing tag?" The child questions, looking up at Taehyung with his doe like eyes.

"I'm just that good." Taehyung responds with a soft smirk on his face before ruffling up the child's peach hair.

That wasn't the answer Namjoon was expecting but he let it slide once he notices what Taehyung pulls out from the deep pockets of his robes- a galaxy swirl designed lollipop.

As Taehyung wiggles the sweet in his hand and gives it over to the little boy as a distraction the two double doors that lead to the dinning hall opened to reveal two guards and Namjoon's father in the middle.

"Your highness." Taehyung bows his head respectfully to the man that wore a cloak that resembled a star nights sky over a bare chest, exposing much of his abdomen that showed a large faded slash across his front.