►Prologue - Three Travellers◄

There was a time, long ago, when three friends travelled together. They travelled together and were happiest when they were adventuring. However, as you can imagine, these adventures got them into lotsa trouble.

One adventure they got in trouble with rogue nanogenes and a little boy searching for his mother. These friends, who not only loved to seek danger but loved to help others too, decided it would be best to help the little boy. It was a rather long story and I am sure it is one you are familiar with, so I shall not bore you by going through it again.

I will tell you is this; they should have checked in on the boy during his life. They were not there to see what he would start.

Nancy, the boy's mother, joyed in telling the little boy about the team of travellers who had saved their lives and put a lot of wrongs right. She told him stories of them so often that the boy almost started to fear and love the team, in the way one fears and loves a god or a skittish dog. The little boy thought about them most morning when he woke up, during the day, and late into the night. One would expect that this childish obsession would end when he started to grow up, but it did not, in fact it was the opposite.

The little boy grew up and ended up writing a book detailing the travellers' story, it wasn't popular. People didn't seem interested in stories about a man with a screwdriver that can do anything, a courageous blonde who proudly wore a union jack on her chest as the Germans bombed them, and a sassy brunet who seemed far ahead of his time. Or maybe they were and it was the way the boy wrote the book that made people think it would be a waste of their time to read. The boy did make the book seem bible like..

Despite most people ignoring it, the book gained a small, intimate following. Who the boy corresponded with often. At the start there were not more than six of them, but those six grew frighteningly close to one another. Then, as they all lived rather close to each other and had this same strong belief that this team of travellers were worth worshipping, they decided to move in together. Their home became almost a church, devoted to the same things that travellers were. The six devoted themselves to the pursuit of knowledge and charisma. They called themselves the Freyans, for in Norse mythology Freya was a being whose knowledge and power had no equal.

The Freyan religion had few followers in their time on Earth, the biggest their numbers reached was a measly hundred and two member. However, they were advancing at compared to the rest of society. They had been separating themselves from the rest of humanity for decades, devoting their time to the pursuit of knowledge so they could be like the all knowing travellers. While they made discoveries in the fields of chemistry, theoretical physics, biology, and genetics; the rest of humanity advanced at an ashamedly slow rate.

The Freyans grew tired of Earth, of sharing a planet with unadvanced, mundane people. Had the little boy been there he would have pointed them in the right direction, he would have reminded them of the travellers that they followed love for humanity and its intricacy. But he was dead long ago, and the Freyans had forgotten the original teachings of the travellers that they worshipped.

So they left Earth. They scanned the sky's and found a habitable planet. It would take them two hundred years to reach the planet, with their advanced spaceships. But they believed the journey worth it. By the time they reached that planet and had settled down, they were their own species. A unique species of human with abilities that set them wildly apart from the inhabitants of the Earth that they had so long ago left.

Thousands of years had gone by and they had forgotten the world they came from. They had heard no news of it because their first action when they settled on their new planet was to isolate themselves. Placing shields and all sorts of reflectors up so that no one but them may enter or see the planet without invitation. And nobody had issued in invitation to an outsider since they landed on their planet, Freya.

Until one day a girl decided to invite three travellers.