►Chapter 3 Part 1 - Utopia◄

The Doctor was less shocked than the others at what had occurred. Although he did still feel some alarmed, it was less than the others. It was not the first time he had met another Clara.

Still it rattled his mind. He knew that it was common for similar gene combinations to occur, but four perfect genetic matches? That did not only beat the odds, it destroyed them. There was zero chance that four perfect matches could occur, it defied basic laws of the universe. Clara, Clara, Oswin, and Claire; they shouldn't-no they couldn't- all exist. Their existence was contrary to reason, insurmountable, inconceivable, in executable, simply impossible. The Doctor had spent weeks mulling over the existence of both Oswin, Clara, and Clara and although he possessed hundreds of years of knowledge, he still had no clue how they could all exist.

Ah Clara, the Doctor's mind wandered. Clara, Clara, Clara; he seemed to have been thinking about her a lot as of late. He wasn't so ignorant to think that there was nothing between the two of them. A spark often passed between them and some of their stares at one another had gone on long enough to be noticed, but they never talked about this. No, they hardly spoke about anything other than their adventures. Maybe they were both afraid, intimidated by what might happen should one of them break the tension that had formed around them. If one of them were to break that tension, would the universe come crashing down around them? The Doctor's mind went to his kiss with 1892 Clara, although the Doctor was rather sure that the universe had started to crumble around him, it had stayed intact then. So what would happen if he and this Clara were to-

No, no there are more important things to think about, his internal monologue set him back on track. Now was not the time to think about such things.

But with Rose back. . . well his feelings were starting to feel like a tempest. Without doubt the Doctor felt deeply for Rose, that could never change. However, something had changed. There was a certain tension and passion that wasn't there anymore. Whereas when they had previously been together their relationship had been all consuming. It was everything he thought about and all he wanted every second of every day was to hold her. Now, although he loved her deeply, there was not that same burning fire.

"Doctor?" Rose's voice broke through his thoughts.

"Yes," The Doctor looked over at Rose who had began to walk beside him, he had fallen behind the group in his thoughts. Rose now held Kayson, the baby was nearly sleeping.

"How are they possible?" Rose gestured to Clara and Claire quickly.

The Doctor looked at the two, they seemed to be suddenly entranced with one another. They were deep in conversation with one another and Clara had that spark in her eyes. Sparks that were only present there when she was curious. Gone was the fear that had momentarily overtook the pair, now they chatted with quick and quiet voices. Occasionally one of them would shock the other and their eyes would go wide.

"I don't know," The Doctor's answer was simple. "Clara is-they are- impossible. They shouldn't exist but. . . there they are."

Rose eyed the Doctor. Her enchanting irises picking apart his features and determining his true feelings. "Doctor, do you feel for her?"

He looked away quickly. His lips pinched together like an elastic had been put around them. Suddenly he didn't know where to put his hands and ended up flinging them around a bit before crossing them with his hands in his armpits. "I, you know I, she-"

"Hey Doctor!" Jack approached the pair; apparently he had finally grown tired of walking beside Clara and Claire who were far to caught up with each other to chat with another person. "How are we going to get out of here?"