►Chapter 2 - Testament of the Travelers◄

"Doctor!" The word had never been screamed louder. Never had anyone been so in need of his help that they have nearly broken their vocal cords screaming for him. It is an event that should be marked in history books but is only viewed by the other four people in the forest with Clara Oswald. Clara's throat hurt after screaming so loud. No doubt she would have to take throat lozenges for it later.

Clara's eyes were locked on the sight before her. The lady in front of her wore a large, frilly sort of dress adorned with an impossible amount of small jewels. It was a crystallised pink colour that reflected the light from the sun. It looked to be something one would wear to a black tie event, it was most certainly not something you would wear in the middle of the woods. Contrary to what you would expect the lady did not seem fussy about getting the obviously uneconomical dress dirty. There were dirt stains all around the bottom of her dress and on her thin lace gloves.

Her gloved hands rested atop some sort of device. It was about half of her height and mimicked the shape of a slingshot. Were Clara to look at it and not the lady she may think it funny looking. She would ask the lady what she planned on shooting with it. To which the lady would react with a comical dictum and an eyebrow raise.

To most people, this lady would just be another lady. She may traipse past on the street and they would not take a second glance at her. Clara, however was not capable of taking her eye off of the lady. Because this lady, who also had wide eyes and an almost scared look on her face, had the exact same face as Clara.

Every minute peculiarity was the same. The curve of their cheeks was the same curve, the size of their lips was the same, their short height was the same, they were the same. It was like Clara had walked out of the TARDIS only to see a mirror. In her short time with the Doctor, she had seen many strange things, but nothing could compare to this. One people always count on in their life is that they will never meet someone who is exactly the same, it is a constant all people take for granted. They know that no matter how messed up stuff becomes that there will only ever be one of them, Clara had assumed this too. Now that belief had to be thrown out the window, and Clara was having a hard time accepting it.

The lady was having a hard time as well, she was quick to pull out a silver item from her bust. With the way she pointed it Clara knew it was some sort of weapon, she was going to turn to run back to the TARDIS when a voice from beside her finally drew her eyes away from the lady.

"Don't either of you move!" It was a man's voice, one that Clara did not recognise. Looking him over Clara decided she did not want to trifle with him. He had this look in his eyes, not only had he just been crying but beyond that, there was something empty. At this point in his life, he was missing something, there was a void in his soul. Clara could see this and she immediately that he was dangerous. Not the kind of person she wanted to pull a gun on her. The man seemed torn between which of the two to point his gun at and kept alternation between the two.

Following the lead of the man, the blond lady next to him pulled out something that also must have been a weapon. She pointed hers at the lady in the finery so the man pointed his at Clara. Clara was quick to back away from them both. With Clara's luck, she happened to be standing in front of a root and tripped over it, falling to the ground with a quick 'ow' escaping her. The blond lady seemed unsure of herself and was quick to ask. "Doctor, what are they? Zygons? Clones?"

"No, no, no!" The Doctor exclaims quickly, holding a baby close to his chest. "Drop those silly weapons right now, all of you!"

The blond woman and the man lowered their arms but did not pocket their weapons. The lady, who was breathing hard, dropped her weapon as her body dropped to the forest floor. The man was quick to get to the lady's side and remove his jacket to cushion her head with.