►Chapter 1 - Reunion◄

Clara is sleeping. The Doctor is worrying. Not a whole lot is new with the pair. The Doctor is nervous, logically he knows that Clara remembers nothing of their journey to the centre of the TARDIS. Logically he knows that there is no way that he can remember the name she read. Logically he knows that she knows nothing of the events that will haunt his mind as long as he has a mind to haunt him. There is, however, a part of him, an illogical part, that thinks just might.

Quickly this worry becomes the least of his problems. A force pulls them off course. A moment ago they had been circling peacefully around a sun far from Earth where the TARDIS was just starting to gather artron energy. Now they were being towed through space, like a cow being led by a halter. The Doctor ran around the consel trying to stop the motion but it seemed that the TARDIS was unreachable at the moment. All controls were shut down and nothing the Doctor did made any difference to their current course. Rapidly the TARDIS was whisking the pair off somewhere, the Doctor could only hope that they would be pulled to a time vortex.

•••

Jack is alone. Physically for now, but he knows that soon others will join him and he will only be alone in his mind.

It is not the first time Jack has lost a lover, and it will not be the last. In fact, in a few thousand years Jack Harkness will struggle to remember the colour of Ianto's eyes. In a few more thousand years he will forget the shape of Ianto, and how Jack could wrap his arms around him and feel secure. Give it a few more thousand years and Jack will struggle to remember Ianto's name. Jack knows this, but it does not lessen the pain he feels now. Especially knowing that although he told Ianto that he could never forget him, Jack knows he will.

A salty tear drops onto Jack's pant leg when he feels a ripping. Like his body was being ripped away from him. He is being pulled towards the wall of the bathroom where he had gone to seek refuge. His body seems to be out of his control as it flies towards the wall. One would expect him to hit it and to hear the sound of cracking but that did not happen. There was left in Jack's place nothing, nothing at all.

•••

Kayson. That is the little girl's Earthen name, the name given to her by her father being Orghackarmosdrashytonytanmorenolda (which nobody ever used except him). She is only three months old and being held by the warm soft arms of her mother.

Her mother is known by the name Rose. Rose looks incredibly happy. Next to her sits her husband, the Doctor, who officially had taken on the name John. But there would never be a day when Rose would call him that, he would always be her Doctor. The Doctor is examining a set of plans with Rose. Their other daughter, who was given the Time Lord name Ayiaxuriaglostamronn but was commonly referred to as Ayia, sits beside her father looking over the plans as well. It is the plans for a TARDIS, and it is a project that could take generations to complete. The family of travellers is more than ready to commit to it.

Rose leaves the rather adorable scene carrying Kayson. She heads to the kitchen where Jackie is waiting to hear about their progress on the TARDIS. On the way, Rose finds herself suddenly unable to move forward. When she looks backwards her body begins to drag itself towards the nearby wall. She slams into it; making no noise, and leaving no trace behind.

•••

The TARDIS hit the ground with a horrible cracking. The Doctor nearly thought the TARDIS had broken a bone. Fear of what he may see when he stepped outside crept up on him. All her screens told him was that she had no fuel and was nowhere near a time rift where she could get some. Clara seemed not to have awakened due to the rough landing, how that was possible is a mystery.