►Chapter 6 - Dalek Caan◄

Clara's night at the celebration had been like a dream. Not only was the place beautiful but she had had the most fun. She'd danced with Bellamy, George, Arthur, Claire, King Basil, and so many others. Dancing with Claire had been splendid; they moved in the same way which made it very easy to dance, even though Clara didn't know very much about dancing. Claire was a remarkable dancer, Claire was a remarkable everything it seemed. She was smart, kind, a loving mother, sophisticated, and seemingly perfect. Perfect in every way. It almost puzzled Clara, she wondered if when she was Claire's age that she would be like her. She doubted it, she was Clara Oswald, she wasn't like anyone else.

Numerous foods had made their way into her stomach, most of which she hadn't picked out herself. So many people had been bringing her food to try, asking her to dance, or just approaching her wanting to chat. It would seem that here being the Doctor's companion made on sort of famous. It was a large change from earth, where her and the Doctor could walk through a crowd without so much as being looked at once. She couldn't tell which way she preferred it. On Earth at such an occasion she would have danced with the Doctor frequently and stuck by his side, but they had long since been separated.

They only had the opportunity to dance with each other once. They had both happened to had been shoved towards a large, oval bowl at the end of the food table containing a purple, shimmery liquid. After sampling some of the liquid and finding it to be very good Clara had asked him to share the next dance after wiping a trace of sugar from the drink off her lips. She was in no means as good a dancer as Claire but she did her best to keep up with the Doctor. It wasn't like the entire room was doing the same dance anyway so it didn't really matter if she messed up a few steps. He talked minimal and when he did it was of the others that he had danced with or met. A few of them she had met too, they had a pleasant time comparing their opinions of them.

While dancing she spotted Angelia and Amelia together, they were sharing a chocolate treat of some sort. They were a rather adorable pairing. Amelia looked just like her mother, only she had her father's eyes, just like her brother, Patrick, did. They were huge, blue eyes that seemed to sparkle. Now Patrick looked little like his mother, whereas Amelia was the spitting image. Her hair was the same shade of brown, but it was much longer than Claire's, Amelia had grown hers out so long that it touched the back of her thighs. Claire had been talking earlier that she wanted to cut it but Amelia refused. Clara could tell why, Angelia seemed to enjoy braiding it as Clara had seen Angelia braid and unbraid Amelia's hair a few times over. Amelia also had her mother's curiosity; the few things she did not know she sought to know of so eagerly. When Clara had first met Amelia she had spent nearly a full half an hour questioning Clara about her history trying to determine why she looked like her mother when she was not a clone. In that time she had ignored everyone else, she'd even told Angelia that she couldn't go with her to get a drink because she was talking to Clara. Clara admired the girl and hoped that her children, if she had any, had the same passion about life that Amelia did.

When Clara's dance with the dance had ended she wished that they could have gone on, she was thoroughly enjoying their dance. However, she knew that she had others she had committed to dancing with. She had opened her mouth to excuse herself when he had leaned forward and given her a quick kiss on the forehead. Smiling widely she had nodded to him and walked off.

Around him she. . . well she always wanted to know more. She wanted to know who he was, really. What had sent him on his path? Where had he come from and where was he going? She had stopped torturing herself with these questions a while ago, yet the curiosity still picked at her. The urge to know more about him was still there, it had just been dulled over. She worried, often, about what may happen should she learn more about him. Already she had to stop herself everyday from falling completely in love with him. But who could blame her? He was the Doctor, he was brilliant and mad and everything anyone could ever hope for.