Special Interrogation - Yoongi

Yoongi's eyes stay on his shoes, a light pain seeping through his chest. He tries his best to blink away his tears, failing as a few of them fall down his pale cheeks.

"Mr. Min?"

Yoongi's head jerks up, his eyes meeting the detective's as he sits down in front of Yoongi, the only thing separating them being a small table.

"I'm Detective Kim," the detective says, "And I'm in charge of your ex-girlfriend's case."

"I'm here to ask you a few questions and to see if there's anything you believe you should tell me."

Yoongi nods his head as Detective Kim pulls out his notepad.

"I was told that you and Jimin went to the movies the day of Y/N's murder. Is that correct?"

"Yes," Yoongi shortly replies.

The detective nods his head. "Did Jimin mention anything about Y/N to you that day?"

Yoongi hesitates. He knew that Y/N and Jimin had fought, but he didn't know if Jimin had told the detective about it yet, and he didn't want to throw his friend under the bus.

"Jimin told me about the argument him and Y/N had, so you don't have to worry about ratting him out on that subject. But did Jimin mention anything about Y/N that day?"

Yoongi shrugs his shoulders. "Well no, not really. When we met up at the movies, he seemed troubled so I asked him what was wrong, and he just replied with that it was just relationship problems. I didn't push him any further than that."

Detective Kim writes down the information in his notepad, Yoongi's thoughts going to something else as he does so.

"Y/N, um - she actually called me the day she died."

The detective's head jerks up from his notepad. "Really? Why did she call you?"

"She was crying and kept repeating, and I quote, 'how much of a fuckup she was' and how she didn't deserve Jimin. I didn't know if she was drunk or not, but I couldn't help but feel bad for her. Then she-um, she asked me to come over."

"Did you go over to her apartment?" Detective Kim asks, his eyebrow raising ever so slightly.

Yoongi shakes his head. "No, I didn't. I told her that I was about to go watch a movie with Jimin, and that made her cry even more when I mentioned him. Then there was a loud knock on what I assumed was her front door, and she told me that she had to go. She hung up, and I went on with my day."

The detective scribbles down some stuff on his notepad. Without raising his head and looking at Yoongi, he asks him, "Did you tell Jimin about this?"

Yoongi purses his lips, before sadly shaking his head.

"I know that I should've told Jimin, but I already felt bad for him because he wasn't in a good mood when I saw him at the movie theaters, so I decided to just keep it to myself. Call me a bad friend, but I was just doing what I thought was right."

"What time did the call end?" The detective asks.

Yoongi pulls his phone out from his pocket and looks at his call logs. "She called me at 1:34, and it ended at 1:37."

Detective Kim nods his head before stuffing the notepad and pen into his pocket and standing up from his seat.

"That'll be all for today, Mr. Min. Thank you for your time."

~~~

Information Gathered

Victim called Min Yoongi before her death. Min Yoongi mentioned that someone knocked on her door, resulting in her hanging up. Min Yoongi couldn't have made it from his apartment to her apartment in time to kill her, then meet up with Park Jimin at the movie theaters.

Victim was not drunk when she called Min Yoongi, as the autopsy showed no signs of any type of alcohol or other substances in her system.

Min Yoongi has a solid alibi, but it doesn't mean that he isn't the killer, it just means that he isn't as suspicious.

Killer arrived at victim's apartment at 1:37PM, leaving them enough time to kill Y/N and leave before Hoseok arrived.

___

Who dunnit?

Kim Namjoon?

Kim Seokjin?

Min Yoongi?

Jung Hoseok?

Park Jimin?

Kim Taehyung?

Jeon Jungkook?

End of Chapter