Flashback

I stood outside my math class, early. Like always. But Ms. Mills isn't here yet so I have to wait on her to get here and unlock the door. She probably had a busy weekend and is just running late. I chewed on my lip as i checked my watch again. 7.45. School doesn't start until 9. But I get here early everyday to talk to her. "Good morning Emma. Sorry I'm late." She said softly as she came up to the door. I smiled at her. "That's okay Ms. Mills. Did you have a good weekend?" I asked softly. "I did actually. My girlfriend and I got engaged." She said and my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. "O-oh. Congratulations." I said and my voice cracked. "Thank you." She said, smiling brightly and I just nodded. I was going to tell her about my feelings after I graduated. I didn't even know she had a girlfriend. She never talks about her. Fuck. I can feel my heart breaking. This is miserable. I looked at my notebook and sniffled a little. "Are you alright dear?" She asked softly. I nodded again and bit my lip. No I'm not alright. I shouldn't care so much. But I do. I'm literally in love with her. How fucking stupid.

——

I sat in Ms. Mills classroom, waiting to line up for graduation. Ms. Mills' fiancé is coming. I overheard her talking with Mrs. Nostos. "Yeah the weddings this weekend. Mallory still isn't ready." She said and Mrs. Nostos rolled her eyes. "She's never going to be ready. You deserve so much better Gina." Mrs. Nostos said and Regina shrugged. "I don't know Kathryn. I think she really loves me. It's okay." She said and Mrs. Nostos shook her head. "Emma! Come here." I heard Ms. Mills say and I furrowed my eyebrows as i came over. "Hi." I said and she smiled. "I'm so proud of you. Mrs. Nostos will you take a picture of us?" She asked and Mrs. Nostos smiled before nodding. I handed her my phone as Ms. mills handed her hers. Ms.Mills pulled me into a hug and i smiled brightly as I hugged her back. She's so tall. We both smiled at her as she took the pictures. "Thank you." I said and Mrs. Nostos nodded. She gave us our phones back and Ms. mills smiled. "I'm gonna miss you Emma." She said and i nodded. "I'm gonna miss you too." I said and she smiled a little. Fuck I'm gonna miss her so much.