Six

I sat in the floor of Reginas bedroom, and mine I guess for now, looking through the things we managed to find in the rubble. We got rid of the pots and pans just because they were kind of gross. The H.O.A's Insurance company gave me a lot of money to "rebuild" my life. Probably so I wouldn't sue them. And I had money saved. It just.. kinda sucks knowing the only things I have left are money, jewelry, important paperwork and my baby blanket. And obviously my car and my work stuff. But that's it. And it's just.. I don't even know. It's been about a week. I've been borrowing a lot of Reginas clothes just because I don't want to go shopping yet. "Emma? What are you doing?" She asked sleepily, turning the light on her nightstand on. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "Looking through my stuff." I mumbled and she sat up in bed, looking at me. "Wanna talk?" She asked and i shook my head. "No." I mumbled and put the stuff back in my safe before getting back in bed. "I just.. couldn't sleep." I said and she kissed my cheek. "Are you okay?" She asked and i sighed. "I just feel lost. I don't know what to do. Where to start." I mumbled and she nodded. "Why don't we start by going shopping this weekend? Or tomorrow when I get off work? Getting some new clothes might help you feel a little more normal. Then we can do anything you want." She said and i nodded a little. We laid down and i sighed. Her, her family and henry are about the only things getting me through this. I met her brother, sister and niece the night of the fire. We all had dinner together. They're all super nice. They didn't pick on me, seeing as I had just been through a "traumatic experience" but they said they didn't need to to know I was the one. Which makes me feel weird. They think I'm the one. But does Regina? "Sleep my love. You need it." She said softly and i blushed as I snuggled into her arms.

——

I woke up the next morning, kissing Reginas chest and she hummed. "Good morning baby." She said and I hummed. "What time is it? Shouldn't you be at work?" I asked and she played in my hair. "I called my mom after you went to sleep. I took the day off so we could spend it together." She said and i blushed, closing my eyes. "Thank you... I... i don't know what I'd do without you." I mumbled and she kissed my head. "Of course my love." She said softly and i hummed. "Make love to me.. I wanna feel normal."

After several hours, we were up and getting ready for the day. Henry's still asleep. I bit my lip as I got dressed, in a pair of Reginas leggings and hoodie, then I went to his room. I gently shook him. "Wake up bud." I said and he woke up, sleepily looking at me and smiling. "Emmy, you here again?" He asked and i chuckled, nodding a little. "You live here?" He asked and i blushed but smiled softly. "For now bud." I said and he smiled. "What do you wanna wear today?" I asked softly and he hummed. "I pick!" He said and got up, going over to his dresser. I smiled and watched as he opened the drawer, pulling out a pair of pants and a shirt. I smiled brightly. He's so smart... "mommy? Help me?" He asked and my breathing hitched. "Yeah buddy. Of course." I said and helped him change from his pajamas into the clothes he picked out. We went to his bathroom and he stood on his little stool so I could help him brush his teeth. After doing that, I brushed his hair and we went back to his room. Reginas sitting on his bed. She smiled at us and hummed. "Hello my babies." She said softly and he ran over, climbing into her lap. She chuckled and held him close. "Momma, mommy helped me get ready!" He said excitedly and she smiled, not even being phased. "Good. You ready to go get some lunch?" She asked and he nodded. I smiled at both of them as they got up and we left the house together.

——

We laid in bed together and I hummed. "Today was nice." I said and she kissed my head. "I'm really glad you didn't freak out over Henry calling me mommy." I said and she chuckled. "Of course not. He loves you." She said and kissed my head and i smiled. "I love him too." I said softly and she kissed my head. "Thank you for helping me shop today.. I just... couldn't have done it alone. A-and thank you for telling me how beautiful I was. I.. i needed it." I said and she kissed my head. "You are more than beautiful Emma." She said and i blushed. "I think I'm gonna go back to work next week." I said and she nodded. "If you're ready my love." She said and i nodded. "I am. I just want things to go back to normal." I said and she nodded. "I'll help any way I can." She said and i nodded. She's already helped so much.