Eight

I sat on the medical table, my legs crossed at the ankles and Regina sat in the chair beside me, holding my hand. I played with her fingers nervously and she just watched me lovingly. "It's gonna be okay Em. No matter what." She said and i nodded. I chewed on my lip. The doctor walked in and smiled softly at us. "Good afternoon ladies. What's going on today?" She asked and i bit my lip. "Well I missed my last two periods. And I've been really emotional lately. We've been trying to have a baby so we immediately thought I was pregnant. But I took six tests. And they were all negative." I explained and she nodded. "Okay. Well then why don't we do a transvaginal and abdominal ultrasound and see if we find anything?" She asked and i nodded. She left the room and Regina squeezed my hand. I sighed. "I'm hungry." I said and Regina chuckled softly. "We can get some food on our way home." She said and i nodded. "I want sushi. But fish kinda sounds gross to me right now." I said and she chuckled.

When the doctor came back in, she had an ultrasound machine and a weird container of different doctor things. "We'll start with the abdominal and go from there." She said and i nodded. "Lay down and we'll get started." She said and i laid down, pulling up my shirt. I've had several of these before, thanks to my horrible periods. She gently squeezed the gel out and I hummed. "What?" Regina asked and i chuckled. "It's warm." I said and she smiled. "Okay. We're just gonna move this around a bit." She said and started moving the transducer around on my belly. She hummed, causing me to look at her and Regina squeezed my hand. "Well Ms. Swan.." she started and i bit my lip. "What is it?" Regina asked and the doctor frowned a little. "Well it looks like to me like you have Endometriosis. Has that ever been mentioned?" She asked softly and I shook my head. "No. I've only ever been told I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome." I said and she nodded. "Well I'll have this scan checked over but I'm fairly certain you have Endometriosis as well." She said and i bit my lip. "What can we do?" Regina asked and held on a little tighter to my hand. "Well I'd say let's get you on a birth control. The pill should help with pain and other symptoms. And from there, the next option would be surgery to remove the excess endometrial tissue." She said and I frowned. Regina was silent. "Now there are several different options for birth control. There's a shot that can be given every three months, there's an IUD, and there's obviously the pill." She started and we both just listened.

When we got back to the car, I slumped in my seat and looked out the window. "Maybe it's good to not get pregnant right now. We'll have more time to spend loving each other and Henry." Regina said softly and I sighed. "I just... I want a normal life. I thought when I was finally an adult, things would go right. I'd have a good job, a family and I'd be able to have babies. But apparently my uterus has different plans." I said softly and Regina grabbed my hand. "Baby, she didn't say you could never get pregnant. She just said it'd be harder. But we will be okay. If you can't get pregnant, we'll adopt. Okay? We're a family, no matter what." She said and I teared up as I turned to kiss her softly. She hummed and I pulled away a bit. "Thank you." I said softly and she nuzzled my nose. "Come on. Let's go get some lunch, hm?" She asked and I nodded. She wiped my tears away and I smiled. We both settled in our seats and put our seatbelts on before she started driving. I looked out the window as she drove to our favorite restaurant.

When we got home, I went to the living room. I sat on the couch and took a deep breath. After a few minutes, Regina came in the room and sat down beside me. "I asked my mom to keep henry for awhile." She said and I nodded. "I'm sleepy." I said and she nodded. "Wanna go take a nap?"She asked and I nodded. She kissed my head and we got up. We went upstairs and she held my hand. i smiled a little and we went to our room.

An: oops sorry it's short