Awkward.

Summary: In which Alice and FP are forced to talk about their relationship with Betty & Jughead.

Rating: T for sexual situations and coarse language.

Genre: Romance and Fluff I guess

~~ Awkward ~~

Alice and FP had been hoping to avoid this particular situation for as long as possible. In an ideal world, they would still be sneaking around with nobody the wiser. Just for a few months, just until the kids left for college. This would give them time to figure out what exactly this was before they would have to explain and defend it to upset teenagers who were still getting used to the idea of being Children of Divorce.

Alice had a very intricate plan formulated. She had decided that they would tell the kids over Thanksgiving Dinner and she was already planning out the menu to lessen the blow. FP went along with it because he knew that she needed to feel control over something amongst all the chaos in their lives.

They hadn't yet discussed what exactly it was that they would tell Betty and Jughead. The two adults still didn't quite know what it meant.

However it was still only April and Thanksgiving was a long ways away.

They had already been sleeping together on and off for nine months now. Longer, if they counted the two isolated incidents the previous year.

It was easier to be discreet in the beginning. They could go days, even weeks, without seeing one another. But something changed in the last three months. Now Alice could barely go a day without his touch.

They got reckless.

Their windows of opportunity got more narrow. Instead of only meeting when they knew they had an entire afternoon to themselves, an hour was suddenly deemed acceptable. It was enough time for Alice to ride him in his truck during his lunch break, or to rest her head on his shoulder as they listened to David Attenborough's soothing voice and have her worries melt away.

They had assumed that Betty and Jughead would be busy after school with some extracurricular activity. How were they supposed to know that Jughead had forgotten his laptop charger at the trailer?

Had they known, Alice would have been long gone after she and FP made a mess of his bedroom. Instead, she slipped into nothing but a blue flannel shirt that was much too big for her.

"What?" her stomach did a weird little somersault when she noticed his eyes twinkle. "You ruined my blouse."

FP pulled on a pair of jeans from off the floor.

"It suits you." he shrugged. He sniffed a t-shirt and discarded it back on the ground, giving up on finding a clean shit. Before Alice could think of anything to say back to him, he made his way over to her and wrapped his bare arms around her. "What do you say we watch some more Blue Planet 2 before you have to leave?"

Alice relaxed into his chest and smiled. "I've created a monster."

"No, you know what's a monster? That weird fish with the see-through head! What kind of alien shit is that?"

Alice laughed and took his hand, dragging him to the living room. She pointed to the couch. "FP, sit."

She bent over and set up the dvd, fully aware of FP's eyes on her as his shirt rode up the curve of her ass. Pressing play, she curled into his side, laughing at how his mind was being blown by the ocean.

This is how Jughead and Betty found them.

Half-dressed, cuddling, and yelling so loudly at a nature documentary that they didn't hear the door open.