Inked

Summary: The universe declares Alice and FP as soulmates and nobody is happy about this. Falice Soulmate AU.

Rating: T for swearing and implied sexual situations. 

Genre: Drama

Notes: This one was only supposed to be a one-parter but then it grew into 3 parts. It doesn't quite feel finished, but I posted it because I didn't want to mess up the orders of the upcoming chapters.

Notes 2: I'm fully embracing the AU side of things. Unless I say otherwise, just assume it didn't happen.

~~Inked~~

"You're unbelievable. Un-fucking-believable."

That was all Hal had to say as he stormed out of the master bathroom. Alice hurried after him, clutching her baby blue towel around herself. Her wet hair stuck to the back of her neck and a small trail of droplets followed her every movement.

"Hal, please. Don't be mad," she pleaded desperately. "I didn't even know it was there!"

Hal couldn't even bring himself to look at his wife. "You didn't notice the gigantic snake tattoo down your side?"

"It honestly just appeared," she said weakly. It didn't sound good but it was the truth.

She had stepped into the shower half asleep, only noticing the large snake slithering down her right side when she ran the loofah over her body.

She shrieked. There was no other suitable reaction.

Hal came running in to find her twisting around to better view her newest acquisition. It was similar to the one she already had on her right thigh - the one that symbolized regret and teenage stupidity.

They were both Serpent tattoos. And she knew exactly who was dumb enough to get a monstrous serpent that covered half his torso.

Unfortunately, so did her husband.

Hal pulled out a suitcase from the closet and laid it out on the bed. Without hesitation, he grabbed a handful of his dress shirts and haphazardly threw them in.

"Hal, what are you doing?" Alice asked. Her voice was so small. So confused. She couldn't quite grasp at what was happening in front of her. Dress pants and ties were next on the pile.

"Packing," Hal rifled through the dresser and tossed socks and underwear into the suitcase.

"No," Tears formed in the corners of her eyes but Alice refused to let them fall. "I didn't marry FP. I married you. I chose you, Hal."

Hal looked up at her for the first time since he stormed into their bedroom. His anger was momentarily replaced with sadness. "Alice, I can't trust that you'll always pick me."

"We have a family! Think about Polly and Betty," Alice pleaded. "We can make this work."

"Your matching tattoos say otherwise," Hal averted his gaze, instead choosing to focus on shutting the overstuffed suitcase. "The universe has declared FP Jones as your soulmate. I'm not about to stick around to see how this plays out."

"That's- That's-" Alice took a deep breath. "That's not how it works."

They had both heard of it. Everybody was familiar with bits and pieces of stories of two people marked by destiny. History was littered with legends of couples connected by matching bruises, tattoos and other markings. Alice's favourite soulmate story was of Cleopatra's asp bite that also appeared on Mark Antony's body.