Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: The Abandoned Manor, Part 1

In the depths of Roache Plains stood a desolate manor.

The Wright Manor.

It had long been replaced by a withered husk of it's former grandeur. The white stone exterior was swamped by overgrown weeds and a gloomy atmosphere. Windows were smashed and covered in boards, and the iron wrought gates had long rusted, the dark exterior having flaked away. The majority of damage was to the actual structure of the Manor. Half the building had completely collapsed into a pile of rubble.

However, the intact half was still considered rather large and spacious.

Within the manor, the state wasn't better off. Spider webs were in every nook and cranny, dust mounds covered all pieces of furniture and a moldy smell permeated the air and webbed across the walls.

In terms of cleanliness, only the second floor was well-kept. Even then it had peeling wallpaper and discolored rugs with plant shoots growing through gaps of the wall and windows. As for decoration, there was none to be seen.

It was hard to imagine someone could live here and it wasnt surprising that it is rumoured to be Haunted...

One particular night in Wright Manor, a tormented cry tore through the air and shattered the silence of the night.

A small boy stopped pacing the hall on the second-floor and raced into the nearest room. His face was sheer white and his body was thin like a twig.

The boy knelt beside a large, four post bed and clutched a pale hand that hung down the side.

"Mother, I am here. Your precious son is here. Please mother, calm down. I am here..."

The cries mixed with the boys sorrowful pleas, creating a haunting cacophony that filled the entire night. It was both eery and heart wrenching to hear....

Meanwhile, Rei had already settled into Roane Creek before night fell.

Ari returned to his true form. He laid his head on Rei's leg with a blissful expression.

"Tonight, let's rest."

Since they'd joined hands, Ari's true character was showing more and more clearly.

Honestly, Rei had already become numb to the changes. Or rather, he'd accepted his fate was in the hands of this man. If this was the results of a week in Ari's care, did he even want to know what an entire month or a year spent with this guy would do?

He shook his head and wisely shoved these thoughts to a corner of his mind. For the time being, he wanted to focus on breaking down that "System" to understand it clearly...

Ari explained it was the fastest way to break through. To focus his mind and he'll eventually find what he seeks. If that is the case, then he had no time to rest...

"You're not resting?"

Rei blinked at the face that'd suddenly appeared within close proximity. He raised his hand to shove it aside, however, his hand was easily caught.

"Rei, rest."

Truly a man of many expressions. Seeing his hand wasn't being released, Rei stopped his futile resistance. Their strengths could not be compared.

Besides, it was true that he hadn't enjoyed himself since he'd gained awareness nor did he give himself time to recover his own peace of mind.

What he said earlier....well, it didn't matter.