Chapter 5: You want an intimate date, I wanna intimidate

Today was a teacher workday. It was optional, so I really didn't have to go into work if I didn't want to. As tempting as it was to lay in my bed and daydream about my date later, I knew there were some things I could accomplish at my job. So, I went in around eight that morning. I cleaned up a little, did some filing, and put some grades into the computer system. All of it took me about three hours. I left around eleven and went to get some food for me and Melissa before heading home. I knew she would be hung over, but I really wanted her help in choosing something to wear. My school dress code was strict. Since becoming a teacher, I hadn't bought too many clothes that were date attire. I didn't want to show off too much, but I wanted to look nicer than he had been seeing me.

I got home with food around eleven-thirty. When I got inside I had planned to knock on Melissa's door, but as I got closer to her door I heard her stirring inside. "Melissa?" I called out. She opened her door and I noticed the tall guy who escorted her home was laying in her bed undressed. She closed the door quickly and said, "I'll let him sleep a little while longer." I shot her a look like I often did, and we shared a laugh over the mysterious guy. Then we sat down to eat food. She instantly started asking about Marshall.

"So, what happened yesterday after I left?" she asked me. She tilted her head towards the roses that I had received yesterday and were currently being displayed in a small vase by the small window. "He really did just want to see me." I told her. "Really?" she asked me, raising an eyebrow. "Yes." I insisted. "Nothing happened, but if I wanted it to it could have." I grinned and so did she. "What do you mean?" she asked me. "Well," I began "we almost did exactly what you're thinking, but I stopped it.". She hit me. "OW!" I yelled. "What in the hell was that for?!". She shushed me, then said "how long has it been since you've been laid?". I snorted, almost choking on my food. "I don't know." I said. I honestly hadn't been thinking about sex. Me and Michael had probably had sex in the last six months, but it wasn't good. It wasn't that I didn't get off, it was just that once I had fallen out of love with him, the spark and the connection went too. Then I was just doing it because it was expected of me, just going through the motions. "My sentiments exactly." Melissa said finally. "Was it him or you?" I looked at her confused, she rolled her eyes. "Who started it?" she asked me. "Umm, I did." I said, "I didn't mean to. I just can't help myself around him for some reason." I thought about that for a minute. I wonder what it was about him. Maybe it was a combination of his smell, his happy demeanor, his genuine concern for others and his good looks. I could go on about him all day. He even sounds like the total package. Who could resist all that?

We finished eating and cleaned up. She went into her room to awaken the escort, who's name I still didn't know yet. She returned, unphased, and I asked her "Are you still going shopping with me?" "Yeah, once he leaves I'll go get dressed.". As if he heard us, he emerged from the bedroom at that moment fully dressed. He kissed her on the cheek and walked out the door. I just glared at her in amazement. She turned to go get dressed. As she walked away she yelled "You could do it too ya know?!" I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

~~~~~~~

We got to the mall around midafternoon. I had no clue what I was looking for. Marshall gave me no help at all. I even asked him once more before coming to the mall in a text and all I got back was "Wouldn't you like to know?" Surprises were cute and all, but I was stumped. I pulled Melissa into the first store I saw. We both picked a rack and started digging through them. "Do you have any idea what you're looking for?" Melissa asked me. "Not a single fucking idea." I responded. "I want to look as little like a teacher as possible." I remembered who I was talking to and quickly added "without looking like a stripper." I heard Melissa suck her teeth from the neighboring rack and I rolled my eyes.