Chapter 6: Why did we have to breakup? All I asked for was a glass of punch.

I woke up to the sun coming through the blinds in Marshall's bedroom. I had slept so well I had kind of forgotten where I was. As I began looking around I saw some of my clothes in varying locations on the floor. I also immediately noticed how much nicer the room was than my normal sleeping quarters, which helped me to remember I wasn't home. I grinned to myself as I began to get flashbacks of some of the action from the night before. After I quit worrying so much I really did enjoy myself. It was also intriguing to me the explosive connection we had already established. I began to realize this is what it felt like to be truly happy.

I made myself exit my fantasy stage left as I remembered I was missing some of my personal items. Where did my phone end up? I bet Melissa had been blowing me up wondering where I was. As I began to maneuver out of bed I began to remember I was still naked. In the blur of kissing last night, I could never remember how we got up here, much less be able to find where we started. This wasn't exactly the appropriate state to get lost in, although I'm sure he wouldn't mind. As I began to ponder what in the hell I was going to do Marshall peaked though the bedroom door. He grinned at me and said "Hey, you're finally awake. You must have been tired because it's after twelve." My eyes got big, without my phone I had no clue what time it was. I began to get up, panicking a little "Oh damn, I'm sorry. I must be keeping you from something." I began to grab for what clothes I could find when he stopped me. "Woah," he said "Hold on. You're not keeping me from anything, relax." I stopped and turned slowly, meeting his gaze at me. "Are you sure?" I asked him "I can call Melissa to come get me as soon as I find my phone." He grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. "Everything is fine, okay?" he said, and he kissed me. "I was just doodling waiting for you to wake up. You looked like you were sleeping well, I didn't wanna bother you." Then he pulled my phone out of his pocket as if he had sensed my next question. "She is looking for you." he said to me. "You should answer her. "He handed my dress and bra which I had been desperately searching for a few minutes before. "Here, but I don't think you wanna put those back on." he began. "You can go in the second drawer there and find something to throw on. I'll make sure your stuff gets washed and returned to you." I nodded. "Oh, and there's a bathroom through that door there so you can freshen up, whatever you need should be in there." He turned to me and offered one last smile before closing the door behind him. I went to the dresser and opened the second drawer as I was told to. It was a drawer full of two things: white tank tops and sweatpants. I grabbed one of each and went into the bathroom to freshen up.

~~~~~

I got out of the shower and my phone was ringing. I checked to see who it was and as expected it was Melissa. I answered it. "Hey." I said. "OH, MY GOODNESS! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!? YOU QUIT ANSWERING YOUR PHONE! YOU WORRIED THE SHIT OUT OF ME" she yelled at me from the other end of the phone. "Sorry. We lost track of the time." I offered. "Yeah, sure you did." she flatly responded. "Did you at least get him naked?". "Yes," I began, "I actually did. But right now, I need to go because he is waiting for me." She began celebrating the news that I had some sex by yelling what I'm pretty sure was a hallelujah, but I hung up before I could catch any more flak from her. I turned and saw Marshall had returned to the bedroom and was probably witness to at least a portion of our conversation. But he was too busy looking me up and down in his clothes for me to tell if he had heard anything. "You make that look good," he began "much better than I do."

He took me by my hand and walked me out of the bedroom out into the rest of the house. We made our way back to the living room where all last night's activity began. Then he led me to yet another part of his house I hadn't seen. It was a bedroom that looked like it wasn't fully furnished, or maybe not finished yet. Everything was plain white and there was a desk and filing cabinet in one corner. I noticed there were pens and paper on the desk and realized this was where he had been 'doodling'. I sat down next to him and observed him drawing, because to me it certainly wasn't doodling. Occasionally, he would break his focus to glance at me, then he would go back to drawing. I noticed I was the subject of this drawing and instantly felt flattered. It didn't take him very long to finish the paper and give it to me, which I folded up carefully and put into my pocket. I thanked him and smiled. He said, "I don't share my drawing with just anyone." I tilted my head at him in confusion, "Why not? You're very good at it.". He shrugged at me and replied "I don't really want the attention for it. It's just something I do to relax." Just then his phone rang. He checked to see who it was and said "I need to take this. Five minutes?" I nodded, and he kissed me on my forehead before walking out of the room, closing the door behind him. I waited for him for no more than the five minutes he promised before he reentered the room. "Okay, so I don't normally work on the weekends, but I have an artist who is coming by. I don't wanna neglect you, so I guess I'm going to have to cut this short." He finally said, I could tell he really didn't want to. "It's okay." I replied, "get some work done, no worries." We made our way back outside and he drove me home.