24: Smile

Chapter 24: SMILE

A l b e r t

I went to the park that Caleb messaged me to wait for him because there's no way that he would pick me up in my freaking house.

I didn't want my mom to see him picking me up because she would think things again.

I saw his familiar car coming and I straighten the backpack that I was wearing on my back. He asked me to bring extra clothes so I did. I'm not that hard to talk to.

He stopped in front of me and rolled the passenger's window and saw Caleb's grinning face.

"Right on time." He beamed and I wanted to roll my eyes.

"You're just late." I said and he looked at the time on his dashboard then chuckled.

"You're early."

"Whatever. Aren't you going to invite me in?" I said.

"Do you want me to open the door for you?" He reached to open the door.

"No." I hastily opened the door for myself before he could and slide in.

"Place your bag at the backseat." He said and I threw my bag at the back without saying anything.

He drive to I didn't know where and I just looked outside the window as we went out of the city. I only saw these outside city scenery very often so it made me feel so excited to see a lot of trees but I feel bored after seeing trees everywhere I look.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked.

"Somewhere you're gonna enjoy. I promise today will be your longest day."

I frowned. "The only place that I'm going to enjoy is a bar." I said and Caleb glanced at me.

"I heard you love doing these things."

"Heard what? Heard from who?"

I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Was it Will? Did your hear from Will? He must be blabbing."

He chuckled. "No. Not from your friend."

"Then from your PI?"

He chuckled again and glanced at me wearing an amused grin. "Yes."

"You're an ass." I said and Caleb turned to a left turn and the road was in a little upward slope and I didn't know where he was seriously going to take me.

He was kidnapping me.

"Define an ass." He said.

"You."

"Oh. Intelligent and handsome."

I sneered at him. "You're not handsome." He's average.

He laughed and it was weird because I just said that he wasn't handsome as what he claimed to be.

"You're the first one to say that."

"Then I am the one who only have the guts to tell you the truth. You should be thankful." I gave him an obvious fake smile.

"Well, thank you. You really enlightened me." He said in a graceful British accent and I didn't know but it made me laugh. He sounds funny.

"I'm not going to talk to you." I said and looked back outside the window.

The road was becoming sloppier until we arrive on the top and people were there and I didn't know what was going on.

I was amazed when I saw them blowing a balloon and then I realized that it was a paraglider.

"Oh, my God!" I exclaimed as I went out of the car. Someone approached us and Caleb talked to him and he gave our bags but I was busy looking at the two guys started running to the cliff as they raised the paraglider up and they flied.

"We're fucking doing that!?" I exclaimed to Caleb.

"No." He said and all my excitement got drained like a broken phone battery. Caleb chuckled and I knew he was just messing with me. "If you're not scared."

"Me? Of course, I never get scared of anything." I said and he grinned.

It's always been my dream to go out, explore and do adventurous things and it includes flying.

I felt so excited.

"Let's see." He said and walked as he approached and talked to someone.

I take a look at the place and it was so beautiful. I could see the whole place up there and I didn't know where was I. Am I still in the same country because all I could see on the other side of the hill below was green and few houses and another rocky hill with a huge house on top and a river where the first one to paraglide was while the view of the other side of the hill was the city.

"We're next." Caleb said from behind.

"We're going together?"

"Of course."

"You know how it works?"

"I do." He said. "Let's go get our equipments."

They attached some safety harness and a knee caps and I went to Caleb because he had my helmet.

He smiled. "Your first time?"

I nodded as he placed the helmet on my head and he clasped the strap also.

"Yes."

I was so excited as Caleb positioned behind me.

"Run as fast as you can when I said run." He said and I nodded.

I looked back when I saw someone gave his thumb up and Caleb saying to run. We both ran and I didn't know what was happening. I just ran to the cliff.

We ran to the cliff and we didn't fall. We were floating. Flying. And I couldn't voice out how ecstatic I felt. I didn't even realized that Caleb brought a camera with him and was recording everything from the very beginning.

I was seeing a billion worth scenery right this time and the feeling of flying felt so good.

"Do you like it?" I heard Caleb asked.

"I love it!" I loudly said and he chuckled.

I felt so free and it felt so wonderful.

We were up there for long minutes, I didn't exactly know but all I know was that I didn't want to go back down but I think we were slowing and going down.

"Start kicking your legs like you're running." Caleb said and we ran on the air until we safely landed on the ground.

"That was amazing." I said as Caleb unclasped everything that was connecting to the paraglider that was laying on the ground.

"Yeah."

"Thanks." I said and it was the first time that I gave him a genuine smile.

"Don't rejoice yet. We're still going to climb a cliff." He said and nodded his head behind me.

I turned around and saw the rocky hill I saw when we were still up there.

"We're going to climb that!?" I exclaimed.

Caleb grinned. "Yes. Our lunch's waiting there above."

******