six

this chapter is dedicated to Stan Lee, the king of cameos and the person responsible for impacting my life in such a positive way. thank you. :'(

   "Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal." Natasha huffs out a tired breath.

   "Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." He responds. Natasha looks up, "Maybe it's not about guns." She gestures to all of the Chitauri flying around.

   "You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride." Steve looks between us.

   "I got a ride. I could use a lift, though." Nat begins backing up a few steps, giving herself some room.

   Steve looks to me, "Can you give her a boost once she's in the air?" I nod, "You got it." He turns back to Nat, putting his shield up and angling it to where she could step on it.

"You sure about this?" He asks. She shrugs, "Yeah, it's gonna be fun." She reassures.

She runs at him, using a car to jump onto the small area of his shield for him to push her up. I take over as soon as she's in the air, the familiar purple aura of my power surrounding her body as I guided her through the air and onto one of the Chitauri's platforms.

She climbs up and grabs knives from her belt, shoving them into the alien's body violently. Nat gains enough control to get the aircraft to bank over a building, effectively dodging it.

As Steve and I watch her fly away, a loud blast sounds out beside us, causing Steve to reflexively hold up his shield to block us from it. I peek my head around it, seeing aliens from the army shooting at us. "Let's see how good they are without their guns." I mutter, the purple aura of my power glowing around the aliens arms as I make a tearing motion with my hands, making the weapon rip off of their bodies. I throw the guns to the ground, smashing them into the concrete and making them useless.

Noticing their sudden weakness, the aliens make an irrational decision to run at Steve and I to attack. He quickly moves into action, throwing his shield at the head of one, cutting it clean off. He delivers a roundhouse kick to another while I use my telekinesis to pick two up and throw them into a nearby building.

As I'm fighting, I hear the familiar sound of Tony's suit. Briefly looking up, I see him flying towards us and quickly landing next to Steve. He sends a blast from his suit onto Steve's shield, making it ricochet and hit a few incoming aliens.

One soldier of the Chitauri comes out of nowhere, tackling me to the ground and pinning my wrists as he held his gun up to me. I use my leg to kick his stomach, knocking him off of me as I grab a knife from my belt and stab it into the alien's head. I turn to look at Steve, who seemed to have just gotten out of a similar predicament.

"Captain, the bank on 42nd past Madison, they caught a lot of civilians there." I hear Barton's voice enter the comms.

"We're on it." He quickly replies, gesturing to me with his hand, "Let's go."

• • •

   Cap and I run in to find the bank packed with civilians and a few soldiers from the Chitauri guarding them from a balcony.

   A small beeping sound invades my ears, I scrunch my face in confusion, "You hear that?"

   He doesn't hesitate, "One's charging a bomb, get rid of it and help me clear out the civilians."