Chapter 1

Stiles pov
I got up and stretching while groaning feeling my back and knees pop " okay guys I have to go I have to work at the bakery in the morning. " Scott hopped up and hugged me bye I could smell the alcohol on him. The rest waved, tonight was Scott's bachelor party.

I walked out to my Jeep zipping my jacket up. It was cold tonight, who even had a wedding in December. Sure it was still early October but still. It's cold and okay I did like the cold sometimes. Tonight it was cold for October here. But a wedding should be warm because it's supposed to be the best day of your life. I sighed , oh well not mine... never will it be mine.

I started driving home. Great and Its going to start raining. I had a small house but it was nice and cozy, good starter home is what dad called it.
I was almost home when I went across a bridge right before my road. Something caught my eye on the railing. I slowed down there was a girl climbing to the edge. What was she doing ?! slamming on my brakes parking, I got out quickly and jogged over.
I could hear her yelling at her self
" this is the only way out don't back out now ! God damnit Elizabeth jump. "
I got a little closer
" ma'am !" She flinched and looked at me
I felt it what my dad always told me
Love at first sight
" go away this is none of your business!"
" well ma'am I can't. That would be blood on my hands. Well also I'm a ... baker and all my feelings go into my cooking. But most of all I think you'd regret it right when you step off that ledge. I think you'd think of everything good in your life. And I see you have a macaroni necklace on. So either you're a elementary teacher or have a child. Are you okay leaving your child motherless? " I couldn't tell her I was a cop she might think I was just doing it for the job. Not just because of my personality.

She didn't answer but she bit her lip and wiped her face. " I take that as a no and uh just trust me I know someone who grew up half their life with out a mother. He didn't seem to happy sometimes. "
She stomped her foot " w-why did you have to stop me ? He would have gotten money and my father could have watched him and taken care of him. " she looked away from me and back over the edge to the creek below. 
" he still needs a mom. He needs to hear his mom remind him he's amazing , and that he's her everything. I don't know what is going on but I'll make sure I find out. I'll get to know you and be your best friend. Just please! Please ! Get down. " she came back to the railing. I went over and helped her down.

" see you didn't want to do it " I give her a warm smile
She glares at me " no I just didn't want to infront of someone "
" no you got down to easily "
She started walking
I sighed and went over to my Jeep.
I looked around she didn't have a car. I caught up to her
" hey do you need a ride ?" She looked back at me and then back to the road infront of her.

She nodded. We ran back over to the Jeep.
I started it and put the heat on.
" sorry I'm getting your seat wet. "
I smiled " it's fine I am too .. so I'm not trying anything when I say this but my house is literally 5 minutes away. Would you be okay if we went there ? "

She nodded again.
I went to my house. I pulled into my garage and shut the door. She followed me in the house.
" so I only have one bathroom so I'll let you use it but first I'll get you some clothes. I have some basketball shorts that tie so you could wear those and I have T-shirts. I uh you can wear one and I'll put your clothes in the dryer." The shorts should fit her they were X-large i had bought them on accident one day but she was bit hippy.

" okay ". I went in my room and got them I turned to give them to her but she hadn't followed me in. I went back to the living room / kicthen. " so there they are uh okay the bathroom is right there and oh towels are under the sink. "

She went in and shut the door I heard it lock.
Shit stiles get your shit together.

I jumped when my phone started ringing. It was dad
" hello "   ' hey you're working tomorrow morning at the bakery right ? And then you're working 2-10 here at the station '
" yeah I have to be at the bakery at 5:30 get off at 1:30 then I'll be there soon as possible. "
  ' okay just double checking and how was Scott's party did he like it ?'
I laughed " yeah he was really tipsy when I left and I'm sure the guys will be feeling it in the morning. 6 bars in one night and it's not even midnight. "
" I thought it was 8?"   " I didn't realize we had to wait for Derek to get off work so we pregamed at his house before we went out. "
   I heard the door open to the bath room I turned around and she was standing there with all her clothes wrapped in a towel. My hoodie fit her fine and my shorts did seemed fine on her hips. 
  I hadn't been paying attention what dad was saying " uh hey dad i gotta go someone's at the door. Love you " I hung up