Ch 2

Stiles pov

I looked for Melissa and I couldn't find her.  Fine I'll just sneak my way in.

I looked around before I went into her room.  The lights were dim.   I tried her right hand nothing I went to her left thumb.  It unlocked. The home screen was of her and a little boy.

I went to text messages only person she was texting was some girl. I went in her contacts and found dad. I clicked it

It rang. " Elizabeth where are you at ? You been gone a while to just pick him up from school. " He was panicked
" hello sir this is beacon county sheriff deputy stiles stilinski. I need you to come down to the hospital soon as possible. "
I heard him moving around " w-what happened ? Is my daughter okay ? What about my grandson ? Was he with her?! " he was frantic by the end.

" sir just come down here and I'll explain what I do know. ". " I'm on my way " he hung up he sounded stressed and tired.  Something I was familiar with my own father.

I waited out side the hospital till a man came up to me.
He was tall like 6'5 and buff.
" are you deputy stiles?" I nodded " yes sir right this way "

I walked him in and Melissa saw me she jogged over.  " stiles " she said in a warning tone.  " it's her father that's the job right call the person next of kin " I kept walking stopped in front of her  door.   " before we go in she just had 4 upper Gastrointestinal bleeds stopped and she has some cuts and bruises on her arms and face. "
  He nodded.  I open the door and walk in she was still asleep. 
She had oxygen on now hmm that's weird.
  " is she sleeping or ?" He couldn't get the word out he got choked up.
" she's sleeping her body just needs to rest a little bit. " I went to walk out he grabbed my shoulder.  I looked up at him with a questioning look. 

He had tears in his eyes " thank you really .... thank you for the other night too.  I'm not sure what i would've done without her. She's my baby girl you know ? My grandson would have been devastated. I think she forgets sometimes how much we all love her. "     I got nervous and Nodded " she told you about that ? Please don't tell the sheriff please I'll get written up.  ". He smiled " it's okay I know you didn't do anything to her.  You'd get written up for saving a life ?"

I turned around all the way so I was facing him.
" okay that does sound bad. I mean by that is well she was suicidal. I should have brought her here for a 72 hour watch.  But I just — I know what that feels like and she needed someone that understood.  Not a hospital "
    He had a soft smile rested on his face
" you're genuine... I like that.  But more importantly where's my grand son?"
   I didn't know that answer I told him to take a seat and I'd go and find out.

I asked a nurse about it and she checked before she answered.   " he's here still they couldn't stabilize him for the flight so they got the peds surgeon from two county's over to come.  He's now in.... oh he's in recovery only for about 2 minutes so he's still out of it. "
" thank you " I went back to her room.

When I walked in he looked at me scanning my face.   " he's just now going to recovery after the surgery.  So it'll be a bit before you can see him. I don't mean to pry but how old is he."
" he's 7 but he's autistic he's verbal but he has hard a time understanding and he seems younger than he is.  But he's really smart.  He doesn't like being touched and doesn't make eye contact.  If he does make eye contact he really really likes you. "
" so he goes to a special school ?"
He shook his head " we can't afford that so he's in regular school just in smallest class they have and in some special classes. "
  I nodded I understood that we didn't really have any of those schools in our area either.

We were quiet for a while.  " would it be okay if I baked them some cupcakes or what's their favorite pastries?"
He smirked " Henry will eat anything you give him in the sweets department. But his favorite is cookies.  Elizabeth likes cupcakes or chocolate cake with whipped icing and ice cream. "
" and you ?"    He thought about it " cream filled donuts ?"  I smiled " yeah I got those too, I'll be by in the morning with them.  I have to go do some police work. If she wakes up and starts talking  here's my number " I gave him my card.
He nodded and took her hand in his
   I wish I could hold her hand.