Lena

"Ms.Conner."

I looked at our history teacher and said, "Yes?"

He turned around and said, "You're late," he looked down at his watch and said, "For the 3rd time this week."

I said, "I'm sorry but I have to take the bus each day."

He sighed and I could tell that he was frustrated.

I shrank down a bit and said, "I'm sorry."

He shook his hands and said, "No No No it's fine."

I nodded and said, "Yes, Sir."

I walked towards my seat when I heard voices say, "Teacher's pet."

I looked around feeling intimidated. Next thing I know, I tripped over something that felt like a leg and I felt a push on my back. I fell with a hard thump. People were laughing at me. I felt tears form in my eyes.

Mr. Alex said, "Stop that Now."

He came over to me while helping me up.

He walked me to my seat and said, "Everyone except for Lena has detention after school."

One person said, "It wasn't even everybody."

Mr. Alex said, "Well you all should have thought about that when you all started bullying Lena."

He turned back around and started writing on the board. I looked around and everyone was staring at me annoyed.

This was my daily life schedule. People hating me, feeling unwanted, wanting to cry, being abused at home.

I sighed and tried to finish this day silently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking is all I can do. I walk the halls feeling lonely and empty. I have to keep a low profile or I might get pushed. I was walking to the cafeteria when I felt a warm hand grab onto my wrist. I turned around to see Jaxon.

I shivered but, people couldn't see it. They all saw my perfect looking brother.

He said, "Why are you by yourself?"

I shook my head and said, "No reason."

He looked at me in a brotherly-caring- way. I wanted to say stop because I knew he didn't love me. Jaxon always confused me. I didn't know if he loved me or not.

I said, "Could you let go."

He looked down and said, "Why?"

I looked back up to meet his eyes.

I looked away and said, "I don't feel comfortable."

His eyes had that look, his what did you say? Look. He sunk his nails into my skin and pulled me towards him.

He hugged me and whispered into my ear, "Never say I make you feel uncomfortable again."

He let go and walked away.