Lena

I opened my eyes to see myself laying in my bed. I tried to get up but I was in pain. I finally got up and looked into a mirror. My eye was swelling up and turning purple, I had bruises on my stomach, and on my arms, there were open scars.

I said out loud, "Why me?"

I sighed and said, "Lena, what did you ever do to deserve any of this."

I looked at myself and thought about myself as a person. I'm better than this, I can be better, I want to change for the better. I reached down to my pocket. I pulled out my phone and held it close to my chest. I sighed and decided that I want to move in with Dad.  I dialed my father's number.

It rang.

"Hello?"

"Dad."

"What's the matter, Princess."

"Can I move in with you?"

"Yeah, when?"

"Now."

"Sure, But how are you going to get here?"

"I'll find a way."

"I hope nothing bad happened to you."

"No, nothing bad happened."

"Ok."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and crawled into a ball. I felt sick, confused but I knew one thing, I had to get out of here. I walked over to my closest. I pulled out my suitcase, grabbed all my clothes, my shoes, my undergarments, and packed everything I needed.

I'm never coming back.

I'll never see Jaxon or Mom again.

I pulled my suitcase towards my door. I sat it near but far so no one can see it. I opened my door and walked out. I noticed no one was here at the time. I walked towards my Mom's room. I opened her door slightly to see a silver room. Everywhere I looked, Silver. I shook my head and walked inside. I noticed that on her shelf there were only pictures of Jaxon. The only picture of me was the time I was at my dentist appointment and I had to get my tooth pulled out, and that was when I was 10. I rolled my eyes and walked towards my Mom's drawer. I opened it and saw underwear.

My nose scrunched up and I rummaged through it but, I was careful at the same time.

I finally found an envelope that said, "Jaxon's college funds."

I opened it and $1 million dollars was there. My mom has been saving basically all her money for 13 years just to send Jaxon to college, but when I looked at mine $500 was there waiting for me. I took the money from Jaxon's envelope and switched it with mines. So now he had $500 left for him. I put the $1 million into my envelope, closed the drawer, and walked out of my Mom's room.

I sighed to myself and heard a car pull up. I ran downstairs to see who was there. I noticed Jaxon hopping out of Cole's car.

I stopped and backed up. I couldn't face him. I wanted to leave quietly, I wanted to leave unnoticed, But I guess I couldn't. I sat down on the couch.

Jingle

Keys was all I heard. Keys trying to turn the lock. I sighed and grabbed a book I left down here.

The door opened.

"Hey, Lena."

I ignored him.

"Lena."

I turned my head slightly.

He came closer.

"You look pretty hurt."

I rolled my eyes and said, "What you expect? I got beat up and my own brother didn't even help."

He rubbed his hand over the back of his neck.

He said, "I'm sorry."

I looked at him and said, "It's too late for that."

He looked at me with his pleading look.

I closed my book and walked towards him. I tried to walk past him when I felt a warm hand on my wrist.

I turned around.

He said, "I'm sorry."

I touched his hand and tugged it off of me.

He grabbed my other wrist and pulled me towards him.

He said, "Look at me."

I tilted my head down.

His finger came down under my chin and he lifted my head up.

He looked into my eyes and said, "I'm sorry."

I said, "I don't forgive you."

His eyes became darker, he furrowed his eyebrows, and he bit the inside of his lip.

In an instance, Jaxon's hand was crushing my cheeks. Pushing them together to make my lips poke out but he was squeezing hard. I tried to push his hand off but it was impossible at this rate. I closed my eyes and wished it was over. I wished I was never born into this family, I wished that I would never feel this weak ever again, I wished my best friend wouldn't have done that to me, and I definitely wished for a new mother.

I opened my eyes to see Jaxon let go. In his eyes, I saw regret but I didn't care anymore. I ran upstairs and ignored him. I ran inside my room and slammed the door behind me. I sat on my bed and thought to myself.

I'm sick of it.

Tonight I'm leaving, tonight I will never see them two ever again, and tonight I will give Jaxon everything he deserves.